Going on week 3 out of service.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil leak saga continues......dealer can't get the parts to fix the truck and Ford has been zero help....No ETA on whats needed and truck sits on the lift....excuses from both dealer and Ford are just laughable....

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oil leak saga continues......dealer can't get the parts to fix the truck and Ford has been zero help....No ETA on whats needed and truck sits on the lift....excuses from both dealer and Ford are just laughable....

Seems like a common issue. Mine was at the dealer for 5 weeks waiting on a new PCM from Ford.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is Bullsh@# from Ford. Ya’ll paid a lot for one of, if not the, most expensive trucks Ford sells! You should get top tier support. RIP the SVC Team

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope fixed soon...I'd be off the deep end at 3 weeks for simple fix.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

I’m not trying to be a smart @$$ here -

what parts are you waiting on?

We just had someone get a pan replaced, provided part number and all.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You not being a smartass! Poor folks have a financial house parked and they have to tell the *******’s what to fix! FORD has become fools on repair day

OP
OP
shapiroeric

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The oil pan was replaced last year after original oil leak. This is a much bigger issue with oil leaking again from the pan and the engine itself. There are many ordered parts involved. I don’t have all the specifics as communication with the dealer and Ford Service has been terrible. The only real info I have from both is the parts are back ordered and not available with no ETA....

This is NOT the simple pan/ seal replacement fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
The oil pan was replaced last year after original oil leak. This is a much bigger issue with oil leaking again from the pan and the engine itself. There are many ordered parts involved. I don’t have all the specifics as communication with the dealer and Ford Service has been terrible. The only real info I have from both is the parts are back ordered and not available with no ETA....

This is NOT the simple pan/ seal replacement fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check your state lemon law. Here 30 days out of service is one of the parameters that qualifies. If you have a similar situation I would advise the dealer and Ford that they have X number of days to fix the truck or your will proceed under the lemon law. Maybe that will help them locate some parts.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@SilverBolt is generally right, but, I’ve been through a successful lemon law suit and it’s not that easy, or simple but one thing that it is:

time consuming.

You can bank on 6-18 months before the first settlement offer. That will not include legal fees or money you spent to drive.

State laws have some variation but lemon laws are based on “model legislation” that generally provides for N number of attempts to repair and/or 30+ calendar days of down time. Once you file, the manufacturer gets one -scheduled- attempt to right the situation to mutual satisfaction.

Once you file, your VIN is flagged and every visit to a dealer entails a “detailed inspection for warranty violations”. be cognizant of this. When I did my ‘scheduled last repair attempt’ about a week before my truck suffered a sudden stoppage; just died on the road with no warning. My lawyer arranged a dealer visit with explicit instructions to not take any action without the lawyer present. They did anyway. Some harsh admonishment was exchanged, and I was able to tell they were poking around everywhere on the truck before we got there. On the last repair inspection, their mechanic was not having anything to do with the factory rep, in fact rather uncharitably and bluntly to ‘pipe down’ ( but in more uncouth language ). It was clear he wasn’t exactly feeling the manufacturer’s side of things.

It was not quite 4 months after this that the first settlement offer came in to me

Good news: You keep the vehicle while you sue, you can even drive it as much as you want.

If you finance through the manufacturer, one thing you can do is escrow the payments instead of paying, in this case, Ford while the suit is ongoing. I have never been able to do this but I remember my lawyer asking.

Bad news: if you get a loaner car for the time your vehicle is down, the lemon law doesn’t always cover this time period.

On one hand, suing with the idea of getting out from under the current vehicle is not as practical as everyone might think. On the other hand, you could theoretically sue at day 31, and simply make them cover your legit expenses, including the lawyer, every day you were without the vehicle, extension of your bumper to bumper warranty, stress, pain and suffering. It should net you coverage of the lawyer and reasonable $$$ and if enough people did it, I would venture there would be a lot fewer Raptor owners waiting on parts for weeks on end.