Getting a Gen 2 Raptor, What are my options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkneo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm socal and markups here are outrageous. What should I do? Wait it out for prices to come down? I'm willing to pay MSRP, invoice pricing here is a pipe dream. Or should I just wait and order a 2018 one?

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
see a few threads on here about CA emissions. I don’t recall exactly how that shook out. i think all the Raptors have CA emissions but only the ones sold in CA emissions states have the sticker(?)

Look in a CA emissions state for a dealer that isn’t charging hateful ADM and order one for 18. You can try to locate a unit coming into dealer stock that isn’t spoken for yet, but that is a crap shoot. Also, in a few months the 17’s will hit the used market, and that may save a few pennies. There will be some unhappy campers out there.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will probably have to go out of state. Or, wait for a used one to show up, but don't expect them to be much less than msrp, since the market for them is strong in ca.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably won't be able to order an 18 until next September or October. Get one from a dealer out of state...maybe NV or TX, I've heard you can get MSRP....

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
see a few threads on here about CA emissions. I don’t recall exactly how that shook out. i think all the Raptors have CA emissions but only the ones sold in CA emissions states have the sticker(?)

Look in a CA emissions state for a dealer that isn’t charging hateful ADM and order one for 18. You can try to locate a unit coming into dealer stock that isn’t spoken for yet, but that is a crap shoot. Also, in a few months the 17’s will hit the used market, and that may save a few pennies. There will be some unhappy campers out there.

It's a no cost option on the window sticker. I'm assuming that when the VIN is run by DMV they check for this, but no one has confirmed if they have denied any registration attempt by a non CA Emissions truck. Someone needs to buy one and give it a shot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a no cost option on the window sticker. I'm assuming that when the VIN is run by DMV they check for this, but no one has confirmed if they have denied any registration attempt by a non CA Emissions truck. Someone needs to buy one and give it a shot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried to order my screw with CA emissions in NC because I plan on moving again, but the dealership said ford won't let them add that to the order because NC is not a CA emissions state. Maybe other non-CA emissions states will have the same issue?

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to order my screw with CA emissions in NC because I plan on moving again, but the dealership said ford won't let them add that to the order because NC is not a CA emissions state. Maybe other non-CA emissions states will have the same issue?

I just looked at my window sticker and there is no CA emissions on it. I am in NJ, but if I move to CA next month, what are my options? Would I have to get it retrofitted? Or is there a law that states if you already have the vehicle and are new to the state, you're ok? I had not even thought about that until now.

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sounds shady... I live in CA now, but I ordered mine from Ohio, which is a non-CA emissions state. My dealer had no problem ordering CA emissions and I can see the option on the vehicle order confirmation they gave me. I've been told any dealer can add this option on an order if they want.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked at my window sticker and there is no CA emissions on it. I am in NJ, but if I move to CA next month, what are my options? Would I have to get it retrofitted? Or is there a law that states if you already have the vehicle and are new to the state, you're ok? I had not even thought about that until now.

Are you sure you don't see it on your sticker

NJ is a green state so all trucks ordered in NJ would come with CA emissions pack

Check here you might be ok regardless

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?...ntent_en/dmv/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr29