GEN 2 GEN2 stake pockets

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Anyone know if the GEN2 will have stake pockets in the four corners of the bed rail caps? I know that GEN1 did not.

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 1 does have them @RDFTS but they are hidden under the plastic bed rail cap. I bought 4 Bullring Ford Shorty Low Profile tie downs and the hidden pocket router bit. Easy to do once you measure out the exact location of the stake pockets before you drill the starter hole for the router bit.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

So are we thinking the same thing on Gen2 with some drilling and cutting?

Or perhaps there is a plastic cap covering the pocket that you can pop off?

Last edited by a moderator:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are the same as all other F150's w/ 5.5' beds. The rear stake pockets have caps that pop off and the fronts need to be cut out. F150's w/ 6.5' beds have front and rear caps that pop off.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

They are the same as all other F150's w/ 5.5' beds. The rear stake pockets have caps that pop off and the fronts need to be cut out. F150's w/ 6.5' beds have front and rear caps that pop off.

As in 15+ F-150's? The Gen1 raptor's do not have caps that pop off on either the rear or front.

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're lurking under the plastic threatening to make Raptor practical.

Building-Pickup-Truck-Sideboards.jpg

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As in 15+ F-150's? The Gen1 raptor's do not have caps that pop off on either the rear or front.

My bad...I didn't know the bed rail trim was different on Raptors. The regular F150s w/5.5' bed has pop off caps on the rear stake pockets and you have to cut holes in the bed rail trim to access the front stake pockets.