Gen 2 tranny is leaking pretty bad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Just drive home from the weekend in Phonix for spring training baseball and when I got out in the driveway and walks around the truck I could smell oil burning slightly. I peaked under the truck and it is soaked starting small on the the front passenger side of the tranny and completely wet from step to step al, the way to the rear bumper. Going to get it towed tomorrow. Any ideas boys? Just hit 6000 miles on the trip back and has a build date of 06/17.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
6/17? That's the date when the whole Final Assembly line got deported and replaced with temps......just kidding. It should be in the dealer hands from now on hopefully something small.

OP
OP
Booth9999

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Haha thanks guys. Dropped her off for oil pan, transmission, waste gate rattle. Will post update when I get it back next week.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
with that much fluid it sounds like a weak or just messed up seal from the factory just worked itself worse.

pan or maybe shaft seal in the bellhousing.
a long trip with it doing it the whole way would for sure paint the under of your truck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Probably the ‘Log is right. I thought I remembered some guy here who had a trans issue similar that was some solenoid (?) causing it.

Fingers crossed that you’re back on the road soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free