GEN 2 Oxidation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at the dealership today and saw another raptor getting delivered. The paint actually had some bubbling/oxidation spots in the paint. Has anyone else noticed this or seen this with previous aluminum body Fords?

OP
OP
M

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try and get a picture if it's there tomorrow. It's not something you can get out with clay bar. You may be able to wet sand it to a less noticeable area.

white_dc

Reaction score
I've owned my 16' F150 for almost 6 months now. There are a couple spots in the bed that have rubbed paint off and no oxidation or corrision anywhere.

OP
OP
M

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not rail dust. I know what that looks like coming from a white vehicle. This almost looked like how rust is under paint.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2011 has whats looks like sand in the paint. Top of the left front fender, and the tailgate. Could have had it fixed when new, but I did not want to let the dealer try to match the paint, or spot it in. Never has changed its appearance.