Gen 2 Owner demographics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just interested in a rough demographic of Gen 2 owners. From this forum I recognize some names I have seen on other enthusiast forums, and based on the comments and suggestions I have read I would guess:

1)Gen 2 Raptor owners tend to come from a sports car background - LSX, Mustang, Subaru, Porsche, BMW etc - and have had reasonable to extensive experience modding, tracking, obsessing

2)Gen 2 owners may have the Raptor as a secondary vehicle to a daily driver and probably not as their main performance vehicle

3)owners may be 40+ in age in the median range

4)owners may have never owned an true off-road vehicle (true rock crawling FJ/CJ/TJ/JK or Rallye style race car) but may have had a Grand Cherokee, Range Rover, X5/X6, non-lifted premium 4x4 Full sized pickup

How far "off" (or "on") am I?

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spot on

Most folks buy a Raptor because Ford did all the work to make it ready for anything.

And

They are just so many f150s out there, parts and repairs will be competitive.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just interested in a rough demographic of Gen 2 owners. From this forum I recognize some names I have seen on other enthusiast forums, and based on the comments and suggestions I have read I would guess:

1)Gen 2 Raptor owners tend to come from a sports car background - LSX, Mustang, Subaru, Porsche, BMW etc - and have had reasonable to extensive experience modding, tracking, obsessing

2)Gen 2 owners may have the Raptor as a secondary vehicle to a daily driver and probably not as their main performance vehicle

4)owners may have never owned an true off-road vehicle (true rock crawling FJ/CJ/TJ/JK or Rallye style race car) but may have had a Grand Cherokee, Range Rover, X5/X6, non-lifted premium 4x4 Full sized pickup

There is a difference between the average Raptor owner and the average Raptor owner that spends time on forums and groups.

Based on what I've seen driving around in the real world:

1) Most Raptors don't have any visual mods and are most likely fully stock.

2) I also suspect most of them have not been on dirt roads, let alone a trail.

3) Most are owned by middle age, rich, white guys in the suburbs or just outside of large cities with big houses.

4) I also think most are daily driven. Of course that is harder to judge since garage princesses rarely see the light of day.

5) Given the difference in ADMs across the country, the Raptor is far more popular in the western half of the country and is the least popular in the midwest. No doubt popularity is driven by economic and geographical reasons.

6) Most Raptors are bought for its looks and status versus it's off-road utility.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a difference between the average Raptor owner and the average Raptor owner that spends time on forums and groups.

Based on what I've seen driving around in the real world:

1) Most Raptors don't have any visual mods and are most likely fully stock.

2) I also suspect most of them have not been on dirt roads, let alone a trail.

3) Most are owned by middle age, rich, white guys in the suburbs or just outside of large cities with big houses.

4) I also think most are daily driven. Of course that is harder to judge since garage princesses rarely see the light of day.

5) Given the difference in ADMs across the country, the Raptor is far more popular in the western half of the country and is the least popular in the midwest. No doubt popularity is driven by economic and geographical reasons.

6) Most Raptors are bought for its looks and status versus it's off-road utility.

Lol....good synopsis

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
Point #1 I would beg to differ. Scratch off the LSX, and Mustang group. Correct with Subaru crowd, Porsche, Land Rover, Range Rover, and anything else turbo.

OP
OP
eclou

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Point #1 I would beg to differ. Scratch off the LSX, and Mustang group. Correct with Subaru crowd, Porsche, Land Rover, Range Rover, and anything else turbo.

I've heard of a few GT350 owners here, which is different than the usual pony car tire kicker. I'm an LSX'er just from swapping a tweaked LS6 into my 944 turbo track car, and towing that beast with an LSX half ton truck (LQ4 6.0 modded with leftover LS6 parts)

carguyohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My truck is not in my drive yet, just text on some order form until August but...

1. I have had many things (some of those mentioned and many others) but I would consider myself more old school muscle, and I think that has a lot to do with it. Yea, I know, V6. But the look, the 17" with bigger rubber, all old school. I did wait until the announcement of the 19 in case the V8 was coming. Eventually my 18 will turn into a Ram TRX or whatever the Raptor V8/upgrade truck is at that time.

2. Will be primary driver (12-15K a year). I have other truly fast toys.

3. 40s

4. Had a JK, but also had a GC SRT and many 4x4 trucks.

I should note the last new Ford I purchased was a 2003 Ranger FX4 LevelII. I had another Ford prior to that. I know those trucks should not be looked at when evaluating a brand but Ford lost my business for the next 15 years due to how they handled issues at that time with my two trucks. Since I have owned 5 Ram trucks (4 new). So if they want to keep me longer than this upcoming truck they better not **** me off LOL.

Last edited:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turned 26 in march, truck is my DD (but I do run events), my wife's vehicle is a 2006 Trailblazer, and my previous vehicle was a 95 C1500.

We did own a 2016 JKUR for a year, and offroaded that too.

Based on my friends from the Texas groups, I'd say overall you are correct, but most everyone I knows runs their truck as their daily same as me.

OP
OP
eclou

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turned 26 in march, truck is my DD (but I do run events), my wife's vehicle is a 2006 Trailblazer, and my previous vehicle was a 95 C1500.

We did own a 2016 JKUR for a year, and offroaded that too.

Based on my friends from the Texas groups, I'd say overall you are correct, but most everyone I knows runs their truck as their daily same as me.

I never owned a pickup truck prior to Hurricane Rita 2005. After buying a 111,000 mile 01 Z71 sight unseen off a lot the day before the hurricane landfall to evac, I have only driven pickups as my DD. Went from the 01 Z71 to a 14 Sierra now to the 18 Leadfoot. Still have the Z71