Gen 2 Locking Fuel Cap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't even have a removable cap. You just put the nozzle in and flow.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to prevent gas syphon or prevent someone from putting milk and sand into your tank?

This is actually more difficult than you think with the design of the flaps. Have you seen the white adapter necessary if you're filling from a jerry can?

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you trying to prevent gas syphon or prevent someone from putting milk and sand into your tank?

This... I live in a really nice area and rarely **** people off but for $20 or less it seems like good insurance. Just haven't come across any for the 2017 Raptor and I am not sure if they are the same as the previous years.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's the gas you are trying to protect, you probably don't have to worry. I think it's standard on all vehicles to have anti rollover tanks and syphon devices built into the filler necks? I tried to empty fuel out of my BMW m3 and found out the hard way that it was very difficult to pump fuel out. Had to get to the gas via the pump access panel.

As far as ppl messing with adding stuff in your fuel, it's probably easier for them to pop your tires and crave a **** into your paint. [emoji23]

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^They would have had to use the little funnel that came with your truck to have dumped the oil into your tank. It probably just dumped out onto the ground.

Cool_Racer_79

Reaction score
^^They would have had to use the little funnel that came with your truck to have dumped the oil into your tank. It probably just dumped out onto the ground.

Don't know. Not my truck. But this happen last week and the guy posted it on FaceBook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk