Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Gen 2 Issues/Dislikes

This is a discussion on Gen 2 Issues/Dislikes within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by 03'Darin I noticed on our first truck (and only so far) that came in that the rear ...

User Tag List

Like Tree154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 05:19 PM   #71 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by 03'Darin View Post
I noticed on our first truck (and only so far) that came in that the rear end was all rusty. The rear housing is not painted so as soon as it's exposed to any weather it rusts
The rear axle is black. That means that it is painted. It was the 2+ plus months sitting while they were road testing it God knows where and probably never bothered to clean them.
Tone
Attached Thumbnails
20170110_163821.jpg  

Last edited by Tonecapone; 01-11-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Tonecapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:26 PM   #72 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by hkguns View Post
You can absolutely put music on a USB and play it through sync.

I do it all the time in my Ford and Lincoln vehicles.

Weather mode is designed to reduce throttle input in slippery conditions to make it easier to drive.
What's the trick? I had a SanDisk Ultra Fit CZ43 64GB USB 3.0 Low Profile Flash Drive that I formatted to FAT32 and put some MP3 files on and when I plugged it in in the console (under the sliding thing) the screen said it required too much power.

What the??? Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong??
HUFN8OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:37 PM   #73 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by HUFN8OR View Post
What's the trick? I had a SanDisk Ultra Fit CZ43 64GB USB 3.0 Low Profile Flash Drive that I formatted to FAT32 and put some MP3 files on and when I plugged it in in the console (under the sliding thing) the screen said it required too much power.

What the??? Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong??
I just pulled mine out of my vehicle to verify the specifics.

16G generic USB *maybe yours was too large? (Guessing)
FAT32
files are placed in a directory structure /Music/artist/album/song.mp3

Pretty sure all that directory structure isn't required, but it even works with all of that structure in place. I may have just copied them over using either Itunes or the MSFT audio player.

If this doesn't help, consult the sync specific manual or this link may help.

How to play a USB in your Ford Vehicle

Last edited by hkguns; 01-11-2017 at 07:39 PM.
hkguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #74 (permalink)

_M_
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by RLTW View Post
Lol, just can't contain itself.
Wait. I thought all the G1 guys were full of knowledge and here to help the next gen owners get the most out of their trucks???
_M_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:56 PM   #75 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I just looked through my pictures. I took undercarriage pictures for the buyer when the truck was on the lift getting PDI'd. I can't tell from either angle if it's black or rust. But I thought it looked like all rust when I looked at it. I may just not be remembering correctly but I do remember it was very rusty.

I also see in the pictures that the front axles are very rusty. My 13' was the same way though
03'Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #76 (permalink)

_M_
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Kngranch View Post
I took delivery of my truck last Friday, I have around 430 miles on the clock and I absolutely love the truck but I have noticed a few issues:

Steering wheel is misaligned. The truck doesn't pull when you let off the wheel but when I attempt to straighten the steering wheel to its centered position, it makes the truck pull left. (With or without lane assist active)

Drivers mirror vibrates while driving, passenger side mirror is solid as a rock. I've tried folding and unfolding the mirrors as the manual suggested but that still didn't fix the mirror vibrations.

I'm also getting wind noise from the drivers door/window area while driving at highway speeds. I checked the rubber gaskets around the door to make sure they are all seated properly and they look okay to me.

I also have significant surface rust on the rear diff, front cv shafts and other various unprotected steel components under the truck. The only salt/snow this truck could've been exposed to was while it was sitting/being tested in Dearborn. The front cv shafts have so much rust that its actually flinging the rust color onto the front shocks which is very noticeable on blue.

Minor stuff that I will be making you dealer aware of soon.
Build date?
Old 01-11-2017, 08:00 PM   #77 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Tonecapone View Post
The rear axle is black. That means that it is painted. It was the 2+ plus months sitting while they were road testing it God knows where and probably never bothered to clean them.
Tone
The Raptor in the Town and Country video is the same way. Rust on front axles and rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJU3a069O4A

@1:55 rust on rear end
@5:54 rust on front axle shaft and inner axle housing.

Thats how our trucks in NY look if you go threw some heavy salted winter driving and never wash it off.
taco-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:00 PM   #78 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by _M_ View Post
Wait. I thought all the G1 guys were full of knowledge and here to help the next gen owners get the most out of their trucks???

That was not a rude or provocative statement, it was a harmless joke. Also you are inaccurately paraphrasing my statement.

ICON 3.0 - ICON UCA - ICON Leaf Springs - SVC Bypass Rack - Custom King 4.0s - ICON BUMPSTOP/FRAME SUPPORT - RPG TIE RODS - ICON LCA SKIDS - UMP INTAKE - MBRP TURDOWN W/RES - 5STAR TUNE - METHOD 17" 105 BEADLOCKS - 37" BFG BAJA T/A KR - RPG RACELINE FRONT/REAR BUMPER - R1 BRAKE PACKAGE WITH AMSOIL FLUID AND SDHQ SS LINES - 5 x 6.7 VIS X LIGHT CANNONS - BD 60" ONNX ARC RE - BD S2 RE - LINEX BED - CRAVEN STUBBY
RLTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:06 PM   #79 (permalink)

_M_
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by RLTW View Post
That was not a rude or provocative statement, it was a harmless joke. Also you are inaccurately paraphrasing my statement.
I'm just effen with ya
RLTW likes this.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:09 PM   #80 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by _M_ View Post
I'm just effen with ya

I figured, but then after I responded I realized I was in the gen 2 issues and dislikes thread and was like why am I explaining myself lol.
_M_ likes this.

ICON 3.0 - ICON UCA - ICON Leaf Springs - SVC Bypass Rack - Custom King 4.0s - ICON BUMPSTOP/FRAME SUPPORT - RPG TIE RODS - ICON LCA SKIDS - UMP INTAKE - MBRP TURDOWN W/RES - 5STAR TUNE - METHOD 17" 105 BEADLOCKS - 37" BFG BAJA T/A KR - RPG RACELINE FRONT/REAR BUMPER - R1 BRAKE PACKAGE WITH AMSOIL FLUID AND SDHQ SS LINES - 5 x 6.7 VIS X LIGHT CANNONS - BD 60" ONNX ARC RE - BD S2 RE - LINEX BED - CRAVEN STUBBY
RLTW is offline   Reply With Quote