Gen 2 Issues/Dislikes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked under and I have about the same amount of rust everywhere except for the rear diff. A little on the drive shaft and some screws. But the bulk is on the front axles. No oil leak yet...

The front axles and the diff yoke is about he only things that should have rust on them because they are actually unfinished metal. The diff is painted.
Tone

Alex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked my my Raptor today and traded in my 2014 SCREW.....man do I have mixed feelings....for one it definitely sits much lower than the G1, which has me a bit torn. I love the way my G1 sat, yeah I had a mid perch done but this one is lower on both ends :(

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked my my Raptor today and traded in my 2014 SCREW.....man do I have mixed feelings....for one it definitely sits much lower than the G1, which has me a bit torn. I love the way my G1 sat, yeah I had a mid perch done but this one is lower on both ends :(

Buy a perch adjustment $260 solves that complaint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep easy Solution, not as easy or cheap as a g1 but thanks to our vendors that's one problem solved.

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Interesting, looking at all the side by sides coming out it doesn't appear it sits lower. You think it is a difference in the cab and seat set up?

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, looking at all the side by sides coming out it doesn't appear it sits lower. You think it is a difference in the cab and seat set up?

To my eyes it looks like the gen2 slopes up higher for more clearance at the most protruding portion of the bumper but the gen 1 has more clearance at the lca pockets and that whole crossmember. I don't see how it has more breakover though, to my eyes it just doesn't look like it.

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealer said the rust is considered normal, they claim all of the trucks come in like that.

They were able to replicate my misaligned steering wheel issue after an 18 mile joy ride (gotta love that new FordPass app), evidently they removed and repositioned the steering wheel to correct the issue. I haven't driven it to confirm the fix yet.

As for the oil leak, the tech thinks it might be the oil pan gasket leaking. They were planning on dropping the oil pan this afternoon/tomorrow morning and said they should have it ready sometime tomorrow. Service manager wasn't sure if it is an actual gasket or just RTV sealant. You would think the oil leak would've been priority #1 before addressing the other minor issues but it is what it is.

Alex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a perch adjustment $260 solves that complaint

who sells it?

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

It's not the cab...it's the appearance from outside.

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who sells it?

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

It's not the cab...it's the appearance from outside.

Rpg has them ready to ship. Svc is working on an adjustable setup

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer said...

...As for the oil leak, the tech thinks it might be the oil pan gasket leaking. They were planning on dropping the oil pan this afternoon/tomorrow morning and said they should have it ready sometime tomorrow. Service manager wasn't sure if it is an actual gasket or just RTV sealant. You would think the oil leak would've been priority #1 before addressing the other minor issues but it is what it is.

No gasket, RTV: ( Apply a 3 mm (0.11 in) bead of Motorcraft® High Performance Engine RTV Silicone to the sealing surface of the oil pan. Material: TA-357 (WSE-M4G323-A6) )

Lots of wrench turning to get the clearance needed to pull the pan. Please let us know where the oil was coming from/what the fix was.

Last edited: