Gen 1 Whipple Super charged vs stock Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll also notice that the Gen2 continues to pull away from the heavily modified Gen1.

Had to be the driver.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll also notice that the Gen2 continues to pull away from the heavily modified Gen1.

Had to be the driver.

IDK man...Alex (who was driving the gen 1) and I must have raced 15 times over two weekends. Results were pretty similar every time. I think traction was an issue but we were both struggling with that.

1)He was running MTs and I was running ATs (gen 2)
2) His truck is 6 sp vs 10 sp
3) His truck probably weighs 700lbs or more heavier...SVCC front bumper, aftermarket rear bumper, Super charger weight, Icon 3.0 suspension, MT tires, Bead locks

I dont think it was the drivers mod, we both drove same way. 700hp vs 450hp but also a heavier truck, with 4 less gears in trans. There will be plenty more trips to the dunes this year.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IDK man...Alex (who was driving the gen 1) and I must have raced 15 times over two weekends. Results were pretty similar every time. I think traction was an issue but we were both struggling with that.

1)He was running MTs and I was running ATs (gen 2)
2) His truck is 6 sp vs 10 sp
3) His truck probably weighs 700lbs or more heavier...SVCC front bumper, aftermarket rear bumper, Super charger weight, Icon 3.0 suspension, MT tires, Bead locks

I dont think it was the drivers mod, we both drove same way. 700hp vs 450hp but also a heavier truck, with 4 less gears in trans. There will be plenty more trips to the dunes this year.
I was being sarcastic. Seems like the Gen1 guys will continue to not accept what the word "generation" means.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic. Seems like the Gen1 guys will continue to not accept what the word "generation" means.

It has nothing to do with comprehension, understanding or accepting.

You made a ridiculous statement that isn't even remotely factual.

It's one thing to be excited about your new truck - we all get that - it's a completely different thing to be talking trash about the previous gen and making wild assertions - like saying a gen 1 plus 50k in mods can't compete with a gen 2.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with comprehension, understanding or accepting.

You made a ridiculous statement that isn't even remotely factual.

It's one thing to be excited about your new truck - we all get that - it's a completely different thing to be talking trash about the previous gen and making wild assertions - like saying a gen 1 plus 50k in mods can't compete with a gen 2.
Well, really it can't. You have to look at the overall cost and what you get for the money. I had a Gen1, I have been on this forum for longer than most of you. I loved it, back in 2011. It was the king shit of trucks...Back then.

It doesn't get better with age though. It's not a 64.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, really it can't. You have to look at the overall cost and what you get for the money. I had a Gen1, I have been on this forum for longer than most of you. I loved it, back in 2011. It was the king shit of trucks...Back then.

It doesn't get better with age though. It's not a 64.

March comes before August, if that's the game we're playing.

As I posted earlier, you can overcome the mechanical differences for less than 10k which is essentially the cost differential (new to new).

I fully concede that the Gen 2 is an advancement, it isn't a 50k+ advancement.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not here to get in the middle of the GEN wars (I have a GEN1 and deposit on a 2018 GEN2 so I like them both) but I do think traction had a lot to do with it. Somebody posted this video a while back and the GEN1 Roush truck with the smaller blower that was a fair amount faster than the GEN2. Lots a variables go into both races though so you really can make an argument for either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SX1D_f6pnI

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not a Gen1 champion by any means. I know there are a ton of improvements made to the Gen 2. I think we'll all see what reality is once we get a couple of Raptor events under our belts with both generations participating.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Second video ( I was running the driver in gen 2 truck), I tried the mud mode and trans didnt shift out of 4th gear.. Thats why I lost speed.

I took my Gen2 out to the dunes for the first time last weekend and only used Mud/Sand mode w/ Manual shifting and did awesome. Did some racing on the beach and beating tuned turbo RZRs w/ Paddles.

I did forget to try Baja Mode..