Gen 1 Whipple Super charged vs stock Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/wKSq3rt7GHE

This is my buddy Alex and I racing at Silver lake this weekend. He has a 13 Supercrew whipple supercharged Raptor with long tube headers, cobra jet intake, 3.25 inch pulley, and JDM tuning. We raced atleast 10 times. Had a blast. I love his truck, we were both impressed with what the stock Gen 2 raptor can do.....I wish I could lock rear diff on mine in 2wd like his.

OP
OP
B

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh god can't wait to hear the gen 1 guys now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its all over Facebook. A lot of butt hurt Jen 1 owners. My buddy (Who owns the Gen 1) and I were cracking up at all the insecure individuals with Gen 1s. I love his Gen 1 it sounds awesome, and looks sick, he is cool with both trucks as am I. Gen 2 stock has a better suspension, power, interior, frame, fuel mileage, safety...Its pretty common for next gen vehicles to outperform the predecessor. C7>C6>C5>C4 corvettes in speed, and capabilities, safety, reliability.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
smells like Truckzor ate some :Shit Eater:

I'm not much of a bench racer. Too many variables (2WD vs 4WD, tires, tire inflation, amount of gear and passengers on board, heat soak, etc.). Plus that truck is tuned VERY conservatively relative to mine. Pretty close to 100 horsepower difference, in fact.

Regardless, at the end of the day, my truck doesn't sound like a mid 90s Pontiac Grand Am, so it's always got that going for it. When the Jenny gets the new DOHC 7.0 liter V8, though, then it will finally be something worth talking about. Until then...

:supergay:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
smells like Truckzor ate some :Shit Eater:

Just saw this video on the facebook group. Apparently, the truck is only making 8psi. Per JDM it should be making 10-11psi. Mine makes 12psi and that's with a more open intake and exhaust path. Just sharing in case you wanted to keep bench racing. Which is, as you know, where the Jenn 2-JZ Raptor shines the brightest.

:supergay:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That video proves a point, for one, you dont need horsepower on the sand dunes, you need traction, that whipple is barely revving as I'm sure the gen 2 is having the same problem. Put them both on dry pavement to get a real comparison. If you haven't been on sand dunes before, then you wouldn't understand the wheel hop the gen 1 has with stock springs, not sure which springs this raptor has. I would hope the gen 2 has better springs to aide in traction.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so why did the second video end much differently?
Which second video? I only saw one?
Okay, I seen the second video, what am I missing out on? Have you driven your raptor on sand? I have spent countless times and the biggest problem is traction control issues, etc

Last edited: