Gen 1 owner but

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
completely random question... Do aftermarket exhausts on the Gen 2s get noted for turbo noises?

I think the kid in me would get an exhaust just for that

Yes for sure, especially the more free flowing ones like the Corsa Xtreme and Borla Atak. Definitely check them out on youtube. Lots of turbo whistle.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
It's funny that you mention waving, because I have come across four Gen 1 Raptors in the past two weeks and none of them even considered waving. Not sure if it is a Gen 1 vs Gen 2 thing, or they just don't believe in the waving, but my friendly wave was definitely not returned.

It's called envy. It's been played out here ad nauseam as well as on the road. I'd rather be envied than envy so... :lol2:

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny that you mention waving, because I have come across four Gen 1 Raptors in the past two weeks and none of them even considered waving. Not sure if it is a Gen 1 vs Gen 2 thing, or they just don't believe in the waving, but my friendly wave was definitely not returned.

I waved at someone in a Gen 1 Raptor...not even a glance. When I used to drive old Range Rovers, there was a 90% chance of getting a wave. Now it seems only riding my Harley do folks wave...

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I waved at someone in a Gen 1 Raptor...not even a glance. When I used to drive old Range Rovers, there was a 90% chance of getting a wave. Now it seems only riding my Harley do folks wave...
Go drive a Jeep, your arm will go numb from constant salutes. lol

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't wave backs half the time from either gen. There's two guys with gen 2's I see coming out of my neighborhood and they never wave back. I don't judge all gen2 guys by them, it just means two shitheads have really badass trucks!

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The problem is the wave. That’s for Jeeps. The appropriate Raptor greeting is a very aggressive thumbs up. It helps if you roll down the window and really let them know you mean business. So far every Raptor I’ve seen, mostly Gen 1s actually, have returned the thumbs up.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is the wave. That’s for Jeeps. The appropriate Raptor greeting is a very aggressive thumbs up. It helps if you roll down the window and really let them know you mean business. So far every Raptor I’ve seen, mostly Gen 1s actually, have returned the thumbs up.

Now that I know the secret handshake, an aggressive thumbs up, I am going to begin the experiment and see if I have any better luck with Gen 1s and Gen 2s. If not, I will transition to sticking another finger up very aggressively (Just kidding!!!!). I wave to be nice, but I am 100% fine with everybody else doing what feels natural to them.