Gear indicator on the console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apologies for the dumb question, but do any of you have a light or color change on the P-R-N-D-M indicator to the left of your shifter on the console? I know the dash next to the speedo tells you what actual gear you are in while in drive, but I thought on my '14 the letter would turn orange based on what position the shifter was in (maybe I am rembering that wrong), but nothing changes when I shift on the '17. It's not that I need it, but was just curious if it was something was missing or broken on mine. Thanks!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Now you’ve got me thinking...

I know I’ve ended up in M, instead of D inadvertently. Guess I’ll have to take the Raptor out for lunch to check this out! :biggrin:

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the side of the shifter, no color changes. Only color change is on the dash infront of you.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
To the side of the shifter, no color changes. Only color change is on the dash infront of you.

had to wait for dinner, but confirmed. The dash transmission selection (Not gear) indicator goes orange but I find it a little easy to miss. Probably because I’m too busy gassing it.

I did a drive comparison between sport and normal mode....

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apologies for the dumb question, but do any of you have a light or color change on the P-R-N-D-M indicator to the left of your shifter on the console? I know the dash next to the speedo tells you what actual gear you are in while in drive, but I thought on my '14 the letter would turn orange based on what position the shifter was in (maybe I am rembering that wrong), but nothing changes when I shift on the '17. It's not that I need it, but was just curious if it was something was missing or broken on mine. Thanks!

Do yours light up? Just picked up an 18 on Saturday and noticed last night that it doesn’t light up at night.

OP
OP
T

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No only the ones on the dash light up. Not the ones on the console. Congrats on the new truck.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No only the ones on the dash light up. Not the ones on the console. Congrats on the new truck.

They apparently did away with this during the 18 model year. Early builds appear to have it. There's another thread on this and from what I've read, the plug is still there and you can get the part and install it so the PRNDM lights up, but doesn't show what position the selector is in. The part number is also available in the other thread. One member got his dealer to order the part and they'll install. I'm planning on doing this as well.

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They apparently did away with this during the 18 model year. Early builds appear to have it. There's another thread on this and from what I've read, the plug is still there and you can get the part and install it so the PRNDM lights up, but doesn't show what position the selector is in. The part number is also available in the other thread. One member got his dealer to order the part and they'll install. I'm planning on doing this as well.

Thanks bro. I wonder if I should go and ask the dealer to do it. [emoji848]