Gauge Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doberer

Reaction score
Sorry, can't find this and asking Tasca I got a very non-response (can't look it up based on as built specs with my VIN or body style)...

I want to swap my gauge cluster out to the 802A version...I have the 801A...all the images are the stock generic ones...which is the later 802A gauge cluster?

JL3Z-10849-DBB
or
JL3Z-10849-DAB

I would assume it is the more expensive gauge but maybe that is more expensive to make because of the traditional swing gauges vs all electronic, but don't want to guess...appreciate any help.

Thanks

OP
OP
D

doberer

Reaction score
802A is JL3Z-10849-DBB

will post pics once it is installed. probably should post a new member pic of misc stuff I have done, will get to that this weekend (ruby red 18)...matches my 96 H1.

bambbrose

Reaction score
Hey just joined the forum here searching for that exact PN. Do you have pics of the Raptor 4.2" screen? I'm curious how it looks compared to the standard 4.2" screen in the lower model F-150. I'm also curious if you have a boost gauge anywhere or not.

Good luck on the upgrade!

OP
OP
D

doberer

Reaction score
i am coming from the GM world (sold my sierra to get the raptor) so I don't know what the other F150's look like...I know when my dad looked at the raptor he said his f150 speedo didn't go that high and the color was different. otherwise I am used to my H1 speedo that only goes to 85...so i am pretty happy with the 10 speed and new found speed on the highway :)

bambbrose

Reaction score
i am coming from the GM world (sold my sierra to get the raptor) so I don't know what the other F150's look like...I know when my dad looked at the raptor he said his f150 speedo didn't go that high and the color was different. otherwise I am used to my H1 speedo that only goes to 85...so i am pretty happy with the 10 speed and new found speed on the highway :)

I found some pictures and the Raptor 4.2" screen is definitely different from the F-150 4.2" screen. The speedo is red instead of blue and the font is different.

I'm curious what you have on the 4.2" menus. There isn't anywhere to see the boost gauge is there?

hwycycle

Reaction score
Hey, From what I've learned on the F-150 Forum... You can't buy, nor will Ford sell you a replacement cluster. Unless a dealer orders, programs,installs and returns the "defective" cluster... Ford will not approve the order of a cluster.

A member on the F-150 forum has a service where he buys 8" clusters from wrecked F-150's, programs, (replaces the lens if necessary, at your cost --- he can also change the color of the illumination) and ships it to your door.

https://www.f150forum.com/f122/2015-2018-8-f150-instrument-clusters-400378/

That is a link to the first page of his thread. I believe he has had a 8" Raptor cluster in the past... but it didn't function correctly in a standard F-150. Something to do with the vertical gear display.

I've been waiting over a year for a 8" SPORT cluster to match my truck. Standard 8" clusters are more readily available.

Give him a shout... I thought ALL Raptor were equipped with the 8" clusters... but i recently saw that, that wasn't true.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
D

doberer

Reaction score
shipped and on its way to me, from Ford...once I get it I am sending it off to get "fixed" for hours and miles to match my existing cluster so the swap is seemless...will update progress.

hwycycle

Reaction score
WOW... SO surprised... SO many on the F150 Forum have tried and failed.

Keep us updated...

Were you able to place the order as a standard Parts counter order?

OP
OP
D

doberer

Reaction score
i am not doubting anyone that has tried, didn't realize it was like trying to catch the unicorn here or I might not have even gone down this road. I just asked for the updated cluster and said no core return...he understood it was going to be an upgrade from 801A to 802A and I would basically eat the core unless i found something later on to return.

I know that is a VERY expensive way of going at it (probably not for everyone I know) but the odds of finding a raptor in the junkyard is going to be quite difficult, plus time/sanity/etc.. it is one of the mods that i will be staring at almost every time I am driving so I will get use out of it - vs some other random mod (which I will probably do too) that I wont use as much over time that costs just as much. Added bonus I get to connect with Livnitup to help program it so I could thank him for all the cool Forscan info I have been pouring over the last 3 weeks late at night while Mrs has been sleeping.

the UPS package is due to arrive thurs. from the email confirmation it shows the 802A cluster. if it is the same as I have that will suck and I will post either way.

Last edited: