Funny how small the world is

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There must have been one hell of a 'convention of paint distributors' somewhere in the woods or motel somewhere.

Between Ford's 'Leadfoot' and Lithium and Harley Davidson's 'Gun Ship Gray along with Indian Motorcycles 'Star Silver', they ALL have that primer look. Just think it's interesting that a distinct paint color (or lack of) has made it's debut across several different companies within the same year.

In the run up to Snowmageddon, I decided that in light of the recent rotator cuff repair, a snow blower would go a long way toward pain management. So I set about finding one. Not an easy chore but 2 days before the storm I found one at the local Lowes - the floor display and I convinced them to hold it. Next day I head up, they help me get the machine stuffed into my Outback wagon with some disassembly and laying it on it’s side. This will be significant in a few more sentences.

I get home and reassemble. It’s a red Toro, 26” I thought to myself, hey, this thing is the same color as my Ducati. Sure enough, it’s the same red used by Ducati for their red bikes. Oh the humanity... Anyway, I’d better fire it up to be sure it works for tomorrow. I pull a few times, no joy. I hook up the electric and push the daggone button until I smell burning and still nada. Now I’m getting worried. I’d already checked fluids, had oil, gas, no obvious binding or issues. I revert back to the pull starter, mindful I’m still in therapy for a torn rotator cuff. 45 minutes later it sputters to life and blasts oil out through the exhaust all over my Kawasaki.

I still have the Toro, but not the Ducati. The Toro has has been more reliable than the Ducati too :biggrin:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That light primer grey color has been a very popular color in the aftermarket for the last year or so. Very popular at last years SEMA. I fell in love with Nardo Grey after seeing this.

I wonder if this will age any better than other trendy colors like avacodo or lime.

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That light primer grey color has been a very popular color in the aftermarket for the last year or so. Very popular at last years SEMA. I fell in love with Nardo Grey after seeing this.
img_9565_2048px.png

Yes that's a great color. Audi and Porsche has those colors as well as BMW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kowboy17

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I would have been 'more in touch' when I had my house painted. Hell, I could have just left all the primer on and saved myself a ton of money, looked like I was ahead of the game and had the only LEADFOOT house on the block!