Full Tank Noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have noticed just about every time I fill the truck with gas I can hear a noticeable bang when driving. It happens for maybe the first 10 miles, then it goes away. Has anyone else noticed this?

You'll have to turn it up...but listen around :10 and :14. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe this happened to me before as well just after turning at a stop sign. 2 odd noises not too long after each other, but it only happened once that I recall. I kind of disregarded it since it wasn't recurring, but definitely odd. Almost like something shifted its weight, then shifted back. Maybe it was the tank?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Yes!!!! This has happened to me twice. It goes away after I restart the truck. Figured it was something with the ecu

SgrLndTX

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I was approaching a stop sign and as I slowed down, I heard a quick double bang like something hit the underside of the cab at the back...and then another bang right as I stopped. I had just installed a bed rug and thought I had left something in the bed that was rolling around. Pulled over, checked the bed, checked to see if spare was still solidily attached and looked underneath to see if anything was loose...not a thing was wrong. Never did it again after that.

OP
OP
thetasigma1186

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It happens EVERY time I fill up. But it only last a short time. Can't tell if it's the tank moving under the weight or air in the tank. Just not sure. But it is completely related to the tank of gas.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys it occurs to me that instead of hearing something shift inside the tank, you may be hearing the tank itself shift. I'd get under there with enough light and see if any tank mount bolts can be snugged up.

edouglas30

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. It's actually a backfire thru the exhaust, it has to do with the vent for the gas tank accord to a Ford guy I talked to. Try when filling up and the pump first clicks off not putting any more fuel in. Just stop when it first shuts off. Problem solved for me.

Raptize

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This seems familiar to me with my Gen1 doing this on occasion. It's fuel pressure related. Nothing is broke or loose... Keep on truck'n

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir