Fuel Treatment Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Go ahead. Put anything other than Chevron with Techron in and see how your turbos glow... then sieze up.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the only safe product to use. Recommended interval is every 1k miles so that performance is not degraded. This has many years of safe use on the ecoboost and what its owners have to use.

Don't need it.

The ecoboost 3.5 is a beast. Runs perfect on plain 87 octane.

The DRis

Reaction score
I gotta give squat credit for being so persistent. But good grief man, go jump off a cliff.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not gunna give him credit but on another note (not hating on gen 2, I've actually looked at getting it and making it my daily while modding out the gen 1) but my buddy had an Ecoboost mustang and it's 2.3 direct injection Ecoboost was plagued by carbon buildup.

Has the raptor motor fixed this issue or did the 3.5 never have it?

I think it's all direct injection motors have somewhat of this issue but the 2.3 really had it bad.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new 3.5L Ecoboost (both high output version in the Raptor and standard version in the F-150) have both port and direct fuel injection, which is supposed to help keep the injectors cleaner than direct injection alone.

FWIW, I owned a 2012 Ecoboost for 5 years and almost 50,000 miles and didn't have any challenges with the valves (or any portion of the engine for that matter). I also used Gumout Regane (contains PEA) religiously every 3,000 miles and never drilled a hole in anything. Truck had bald tires, dead battery, leaking rear diff, a broken sunroof track and leaf springs that would shift and clank around with every turn (2 different dealers tried fixing with zero results) when I traded it in for my Gen2, but had I zero problems with the engine while I owned it.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
The new 3.5L Ecoboost (both high output version in the Raptor and standard version in the F-150) have both port and direct fuel injection, which is supposed to help keep the injectors cleaner than direct injection alone.

FWIW, I owned a 2012 Ecoboost for 5 years and almost 50,000 miles and didn't have any challenges with the valves (or any portion of the engine for that matter). I also used Gumout Regane (contains PEA) religiously every 3,000 miles and never drilled a hole in anything. Truck had bald tires, dead battery, leaking rear diff, a broken sunroof track and leaf springs that would shift and clank around with every turn (2 different dealers tried fixing with zero results) when I traded it in for my Gen2, but had I zero problems with the engine while I owned it.

Not the injectors.... the VALVES. This revised DI helps keep valves from coking. The injectors are still prone to gumming up. The Chevron with Techron cleans and lubes them.