Fuel grade required for the 2nd gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did I miss anything?

No smurf, you got it all. The only thing I might suggest adding to your cliffs notes is Truckzor is in contention for "Biggest Gen 2 *******" trophy and is currently battling Jake17 and Sasquatch for the championship. The jabroni gentleman is also a close runner up. The battle is heating up.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please do, enlighten the rest of the unwashed masses.

what exactly is the title of this thread?

The topic of conversation changed, my friend. Mind blowing stuff, eh?

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

No smurf, you got it all. The only thing I might suggest adding to your cliffs notes is Truckzor is in contention for "Biggest Gen 2 *******" trophy and is currently battling Jake17 and Sasquatch for the championship. The jabroni gentleman is also a close runner up. The battle is heating up.

#morefakenews

Sorry you got your highly sensitive and well calibrated feels hurt.

:lol2:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No, the topic didn’t change, the OP got thread-jacked.

@WhatExit has driven a stake through the heart of the thread-jacking, kind of like shooting a car jacker in the face with a magnum.

87 octane is the minimum. 87 is the -required- octane to safely run the vehicle. This is not disputed. if you don’t know, there are states with as low as 85 octane selling as “regular fuel”.

The manual conditionally recommends 91+ octane for best overall vehicle and engine performance. It has been asserted that there are improved dyno numbers for the 3.5TT variants by using 91+ octane by both 5star and a poster here on FRF. None of us has any reason to doubt these sources, OTOH, they are without attribution and context. More solid data would be needed to quantify any potential gains.

I’ve been burning 93 for weeks, but you know what? I’m going to empty this tank and fill it with 87, and then go do donuts in the local construction site, followed by multiple 0-60 runs. Do you know why @Truckzor?

Because F*ck you, that’s why.

It’s my truck. I bought it, I paid for it and I don’t give a F*ck what your opinion is about the matter. I might permit you to suggest higher octane fuel when you start contributing to my Raptor Fuel Fund. The Smurfslayer RFF is 501c7 money loser that you can contribute to by PayPal. Once you reach the $2500 threshold, I begin considering your fuel suggestions. At $5000, I send you a tee shirt thanking you for your generous contributions and may even test out your suggestions. PM me for the PayPal address.

You can call me village idiot all you want, but you will damn well not refer to me as “my friend”. Honestly, having you insult me raises my forum cred.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Runner up? So you're saying I need to step up my game...

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, the topic didn’t change,

Yes it did, though, and that's when I joined the conversation. #reality

I've never disputed that 87 is the minimum octane required. I've stated as much many times over. And, as I have also stated many times over, I have no problem with anyone running it. You can also run windex in your tank as far as I'm concerned. What I DO have a problem with is people spreading fake news. Ford very clearly recommends premium fuel, stating explicitly that it will give better performance. There is no debate on this matter. #facts

Sorry you get your feels hurt, my friend.

You should be less sensitive.

Glamisfan

Reaction score
This thread is hella entertaining!!! I am getting some good laughs! I would say that smurf is pretty spot on. And the recap post was great!

I’d still run 91 since it’s usually a $.20 difference in Cali, but if it was $.70 more, I’d have to re evaluate.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can someone tell Truckzor that using hashtags for posts and silly memes is so 2014. People don't do that anymore on forums. lol

You know what else has changed over the years? The meaning of "peace out"

Apparently now it means "I'm not going anywhere and will continue contributing to the thread"

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know what else has changed over the years? The meaning of "peace out"

Apparently now it means "I'm not going anywhere and will continue contributing to the thread"

Keep going jabroni, you may still be in the running for "Gen 2 ******* 2017" championship.

Smurf, df, myself and a few others here that you and Truckzor and others are berating are one of the early Gen 2 buyers. People who actually bought the truck and have thousands of miles on them, instead of magazine racers and dreamers and Gen 1 haters and the like. We try to mostly contribute constructively and add to the discussion in general. So when you knuckle heads find us in your way, I find it amusing.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can someone tell Truckzor that using hashtags for posts and silly memes is so 2014. People don't do that anymore on forums. lol

And the village idiot returns! Just FYI - I was only using the hash tags to make fun of my friend smurfbrain...

#factsarestubbornthings

Try to keep up.

:specialed:

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Keep going jabroni, you may still be in the running for "Gen 2 ******* 2017" championship.

Smurf, df, myself and a few others here that you and Truckzor and others are berating are one of the early Gen 2 buyers. People who actually bought the truck and have thousands of miles on them, instead of magazine racers and dreamers and Gen 1 haters and the like. We try to mostly contribute constructively and add to the discussion in general. So when you knuckle heads find us in your way, I find it amusing.

Fake news isn't constructive. Nor is debating non debatable facts based on your feelings.

:lol2:

Last edited: