Front End Suspension Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some insight.... so my front drivers side is making a noise.

I am able to make the noise when I wiggle the front tire side to side back and forth. Sounds like something is lose and metal hitting metal and it makes the noise pretty noticeable when driving low speed over small bumps etc and when turning in out of driveways most noticeably.

I had my local shop install 1.5" RPG front perch about a month ago right before I took the truck to Glamis for its maiden voyage. The noise started minimally and has gotten increasingly worse since. It doesn't feel like the truck is going to break down or anything but I can feel the free play on the right side and hear the noise. Mind you it is only doing this on the right side.

Anyways we took a second look at everything, re torqued everything and it was all torqued well and still making the noise. They never removed the strut completely from the truck so it shouldn't be anything lose on the top mount correct? We took the perch's off and went back to stock and still making the noise. Called RPG and he is saying it is the IWE plastic hub thing that has broken causing this noise, but the truck doesn't make any weird noise in 4wd.

Thoughts?? I am not sure what to do? Take to Ford for warranty? Could it be something else? Or should I do the upgrade IWE ring that RPG is telling me it is and that I should do?

Thanks guys!

derise

Reaction score
Ford dealer is going to come up with some ******** that u messed around with the suspension and won’t warranty it.

OP
OP
M

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford dealer is going to come up with some ******** that u messed around with the suspension and won’t warranty it.

They wont know as it is back to stock right now.

Anyone have any ideas or just take to Ford see what they say

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

It’s totaled

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

^Duh I know that but I got to get it un totaled.

:supergay:

Andrews

Reaction score
I am hearing this same noise from my front left area. I suspect it’s something with the shock but I can’t imagine it’s normal. Planning on having the dealer look at it as well. Did you find out the cause of this noise?

chrisk2361

Reaction score
I have the same noise. It happens when I back out the drive way and turn while pressing the brake pedal. Sometimes it happens when I hit the brake pedal firmly. Going to take it to Ford when I get my inspection done at the same time.

OP
OP
M

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ my noise went away after I took off my perch collars so unfortunately my truck is back to stock. I want to reinstall a new level kit maybe go with the 2" but I am afraid if will make that noise again. Wondering if it has something to do with the strut "shock" being extended past normal oem settings and it is creaking ?

I dont know but I am going to put a level kit back on soon.