Front Bumper Crooked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has already received their Raptor, has there been any issues with the front bumper a little off?? On mine, the right side is slightly lower than the left. It's only about a 1/4" or less, but the rubber piece that goes between the bumper and headlamp doesn't touch, while the left side does. Picture below. It's hard to tell but you can see light come through on the right, while you don't on the left. Is this easily adjustable?

Attachments

• IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 180
OP
OP
Corey77

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better images to see the difference

Attachments

• IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 142

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yours might have been an early order, it got halted after production to go to a local body shop to get some adjustment. The ones built in December did not have this issue. Only trucks built pre December.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Corey77

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours might have been an early order, it got halted after production to go to a local body shop to get some adjustment. The ones built in December did not have this issue. Only trucks built pre December.

You're right, 10/13 build and a trip to the body shop per Ford FB. Looks like it's not an easy fix from what I can tell, but I'm not sure if others have noticed this and already adjusted it. It bugs me knowing that it's not straight

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would bug me too, but probably no big deal to fix.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better images to see the difference

Hi, there should be enough room to adjust that small gap out. May be able to adjust the bumper extension, or the main mount for the bumper its self. I would look at the extension and make sure its not some what bent, if it shows any sign that it is go back to dealer and have him replace it! is the gap the same all the way across the extension?

OP
OP
Corey77

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the instructions here of a bumper removal.
http://www.addictivedesertdesigns.c... R Front Bumper Installation Instructions.pdf

Looks like you would just need to loosen 3 nuts on that side, adjust up and retighten. Easy fix.

It was an easy fix on GEN1's too

Thanks for the link!! I'll give this a try. I hope it's that easy!

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Hi, there should be enough room to adjust that small gap out. May be able to adjust the bumper extension, or the main mount for the bumper its self. I would look at the extension and make sure its not some what bent, if it shows any sign that it is go back to dealer and have him replace it! is the gap the same all the way across the extension?

I looked for any bent pieces but everything looks as it should. Hopefully it's an easy fix. The gap gets wider as it extends out. The entire bumper is straight, but just a little crooked when attached

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

right and left is looking from the back forward, just fyi

Right you are, sir! I can see how my explanation might confuse some

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I'd be driving down to the dealer and telling them to adjust it before me going in and wasting a couple of hours of my time... what's the worst they can say no? Worth a shot imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk