Found My Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after putting in an order in early October and then hearing nothing for 5 months I finally pulled the trigger on one already built. Got it for $3k over MSRP which wasn't quite as good as the deal I got back in October, but this one actually exists. Got 100% like I had ordered it and the dealer put tint on the front windows and put their own spray-in bed liner too. So all in all, pretty happy. Picking up next Friday as I have to go down to Texas (from Delaware) to get it, but my friends convinced me to do it as an excuse to all fly down and have a road trip back.

Shout out to @photoneffect (lolz) for the Raptor Finder tool which I used to find it. But for reals thanks to the peeps on here that posted their situations and info they had to help me cobble together an understanding of this whole process. Not sure I've ever seen a more dysfunctional product roll out in my life, but you guys helped keep me sane!

Will post some pics once I get there as well as any fun road trip pics (e.g. - World's Largest Patio Chair).

Last edited:

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations enjoy the mini vacation and the road trip. Your buddies are gonna order one next! Lol

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after putting in an order in early October and then hearing nothing for 5 months I finally pulled the trigger on one already built. Got it for $3k over MSRP which wasn't quite as good as the deal I got back in October, but this one actually exists. Got 100% like I had ordered it and the dealer put tint on the front windows and put their own spray-in bed iiner too. So all in all, pretty happy. Picking up next Friday as I have to go down to Texas (from Delaware) to get it, but my friends convinced me to do it as an excuse to all fly down and have a road trip back.

Shout out to @photoneffect (lolz) for the Raptor Finder tool which I used to find it. But for reals thanks to the peeps on here that posted their situations and info they had to help me cobble together an understanding of this whole process. Not sure I've ever seen a more dysfunctional product roll out in my life, but you guys helped keep me sane!

Will post some pics once I get there as well as any fun road trip pics (e.g. - World's Largest Patio Chair).

Congrats man! Now sign up for the may 2/3 raptor assault so I can buy you a beer and thank you in person for your app! Haha

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you! What are the specs?
I am in the same boat, but now have a 5/20 build date. Every other day I look at inventory, bit cant locate my EXACT wants. So the wait continues!

OP
OP
P

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you! What are the specs?
I am in the same boat, but now have a 5/20 build date. Every other day I look at inventory, bit cant locate my EXACT wants. So the wait continues!

Wow I didn't realize they were giving build dates that far out. I never got a VIN or a build date. For all I know my dealer is living in a van down by the river freebasing high fructose corn syrup paid for by my deposit.

Specs for mine are Oxford White SCREW, 802A, Tech, Moonroof, Beadlocks, Tailgate Step, Heated Steering, Heated Seats

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, after putting in an order in early October and then hearing nothing for 5 months I finally pulled the trigger on one already built. Got it for $3k over MSRP which wasn't quite as good as the deal I got back in October, but this one actually exists. Got 100% like I had ordered it and the dealer put tint on the front windows and put their own spray-in bed iiner too. So all in all, pretty happy. Picking up next Friday as I have to go down to Texas (from Delaware) to get it, but my friends convinced me to do it as an excuse to all fly down and have a road trip back.

Congrats.....few on forum feeling same. Have safe trip home.

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a mistake. Build date is 3/20 (not 5/20).
Deliver between 4/7-4/13
I'm not holding my breath. Enjoy the road trip brother!

mac_attack

Reaction score
Congrats! If your road trip takes you on I-20 east out of Texas let me know if you want to meet up for a pit stop.

Great tool you put together!