Forwcan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
If you haven't had forscan done to your truck, what are you waiting for, it is so well worth it. Also I would like the person who helped me, you know who you are and thank you again for all the help. I had fun learning from you.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't had forscan done to your truck, what are you waiting for, it is so well worth it. Also I would like the person who helped me, you know who you are and thank you again for all the help. I had fun learning from you.

Which particular changes did you make?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jeff- I have Forscan with the extended license on a laptop and the OBDII adapter if you want to give it a shot sometime.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which OBDII device did you use? I bought the BlueDriver by mistake and it's not supported by Forscan.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which OBDII device did you use? I bought the BlueDriver by mistake and it's not supported by Forscan.

both the VINT or OHP listed in the goggle drive 'how to' both work the vint was about $19, OHP $30 on amazon.

if you get a new one make sure not use the same 'profile' when connecting ( that FORSCAN tries to auto load based off your VIN) have it create a new one, this tripped me up for a few days till i figured it out, since i first connected with a non ELM HS/MS OBD reader my first time using Forscan on the truck.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
both the VINT or OHP listed in the goggle drive 'how to' both work the vint was about $19, OHP $30 on amazon.

if you get a new one make sure not use the same 'profile' when connecting ( that FORSCAN tries to auto load based off your VIN) have it create a new one, this tripped me up for a few days till i figured it out, since i first connected with a non ELM HS/MS OBD reader my first time using Forscan on the truck.

I think I want the auto load off my VIN. Ford replaced my front camera and apparently flashed the wrong data. When I put the truck in reverse, I see the front camera. This happened to someone else and it was fixed with the proper BCM update. This is why I am looking into Forscan. I will do the backup prior to doing anything just in case.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the VINT yesterday because I wasn't sure if it was the right one, so I went with OBDLink MX, Crap, I could have same some cash.