Forscan Option to Keep OBD port power on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if there's a Forscan option to keep the OBD port from losing power when the auto on/off, turns itself off?

My problem is I have a valentine one radar detector hardwired into my OBD port with savvy, aan I use YaV1 software for it, and every time the truck shuts off (if I forget to flip the switch) it reboots the software and my radar detector goes on and off. Obviously not the best setup.

Not sure if there is an option to disable start-stop via Forscan, which I suppose would also do the trick. But I'd rather have one that just keeps the power on the OBD port.

Just thought I'd ask the experts. Thanks in advance

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wondering if there's a Forscan option to keep the OBD port from losing power when the auto on/off, turns itself off?

My problem is I have a valentine one radar detector hardwired into my OBD port with savvy, aan I use YaV1 software for it, and every time the truck shuts off (if I forget to flip the switch) it reboots the software and my radar detector goes on and off. Obviously not the best setup.

Not sure if there is an option to disable start-stop via Forscan, which I suppose would also do the trick. But I'd rather have one that just keeps the power on the OBD port.

Just thought I'd ask the experts. Thanks in advance
Why not hardwire it into your mirror?

OP
OP
ChevTillNow

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not hardwire it into your mirror?

I use Savy which plugs into the OBD port to control slow speed alerts and also Powers the V1 and my Bluetooth adapter for the V1.

That's why I'm trying to see if there's a way to keep the power on through the OBD.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use Savy which plugs into the OBD port to control slow speed alerts and also Powers the V1 and my Bluetooth adapter for the V1.

That's why I'm trying to see if there's a way to keep the power on through the OBD.
Oh neat! Yeah I'm not sure but that sounds really cool.