Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I missed the part that described this setting it more detail, is there a formula to set to more #s? For example 25lbs? And/or say 28lbs?

Thanks

All you need to do is convert the decimal value of psi desired to hexadecimal and input that value where the asterisks are in BCM at 726-40-01 xxxx **** xxxx

726-40-01 xxxx **xx xxxx TPMS Placard Front Tire Pressure (convert p.s.i. to hex)
726-40-01 xxxx xx** xxxx TPMS Placard Rear Tire Pressure (convert p.s.i. to hex)

You can use an online decimal to hex converter to make this process easy: https://www.binaryhexconverter.com/decimal-to-hex-converter

Last edited:

Lasercat

Reaction score
Possible dumb question: On the settings spreadsheet for the ACM module, line 52, when it references ANC & USB, I know that ANC is Active Noise Cancelling, but what is USB?

I'm assuming it's related to the USB ports connecting to the stereo, but that seems like an odd place to put that setting, so I wanted to double check and make sure the acronym doesn't mean something different in this particular case.

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's called Parking Lights Only I believe.

Parking Lights only (stock LEDs only)
BCM
726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-50-01 01xx

and I believe to get the change on line 50 you have to do this on 45 prior:

726-45-01 xxxx 7Fxx xxxx

As noted earlier in this thread, I had issues getting some of the DRL settings to work on my 2018...and concluded that what I wanted (Parking Lights (stock led position lights, grille and bars) and low beams) was actually the default configuration on my 2018. I never bothered going back to As Built to test, but no one ever confirmed or refuted it either. Perhaps you could confirm that for me since you have a 2018. What is your default DRL value (assuming you've turned it on in the Instrument Control Panel)??

I'm not sure how many 2018 owners have dug into FORScan settings to either confirm that the DRL settings work as the spreadsheet says or not...especially for the first 2 settings listed (stock LEDs only and stock LEDs plus Low beams).

RE: Auto Relock...you're talking about the case where you unlock the truck using the key fob but then you never open the door...so after 45 seconds it relocks the truck? I can confirm that the FORScan changes that are noted in the spreadsheet to NOT work on 2017s...also DO NOT work on my 2018. [the changes at 726-15-02] I don't know if anyone has found another way on 2017s and 2018s...but that change did nothing noticeable for me and certainly did not enable Auto Relock. So I returned the value to As Built.

Was just reading some of the other tabs in the spreadsheet. On IPC-new there are settings at 720-01-01 that are required for Auto Relock. Namely xxxx **** xxxx where * has to be a 4-7 or a C-F. I did not test if that made a difference (or if my As Built already had one of those values) when the changes at 726-15-02 were also implemented.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 2018 Screw.
I made the following changes:

Start/Stop Disable
DRL - Parking & Low Beams
Lincoln Mirrors
Temps on Gauges
Heated & Cooled Seats / Heated Steering Wheel Icons on Home
TPMS "Specified"
Double Honk

After making the changes I noticed my Interior lights would pulsate continuously while illuminated. About a 1 sec rate.

A couple of days later, I reverted 726-50-01 back to the factory setting and wrote it. The pulsating stopped immediately. Tested it with the door open for several minutes and it never pulsated again. Closed the door and let them go out for over an hour. Came back and retested with the door open and it never pulsated.

I then reverted 726-45-01 & 726-26-02 back to factory. I have not had the pulsating interior lights after reverting 726-50-01.

I believe the change to 726-50-01 is not compatible with the 2018. I am not sure of the configuration of lights on 2018 DRLs. Weather has been so crappy that the headlights are on while driving during daylight.

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Good afternoon Gents,

I apologize ahead of time....I used to fashion myself as a pretty "techy" guy....but almost every time I try to do something these days involving a "program" or "software", I have problems.

Purchased a OBDlink MX....I'm all set up with Forscan.

Plugged OBD into truck, opened laptop and I can't get it to pair to my Bluetooth. Keeps telling me the "code" is wrong.

Where the hell do I find the friggin code? The directions has a number printed on it, but it didn't work.

Can anyone lend some advice?

Lwlandy

Reaction score

I have a 2018 Screw.

Start/Stop Disable
Lincoln Mirrors
Temps on Gauges
TPMS "Specified"
Double Honk

After making the changes I noticed my Interior lights would pulsate continuously while illuminated. About a 1 sec rate.

A couple of days later, I reverted 726-50-01 back to the factory setting and wrote it. The pulsating stopped immediately. Tested it with the door open for several minutes and it never pulsated again. Closed the door and let them go out for over an hour. Came back and retested with the door open and it never pulsated.

I then reverted 726-45-01 & 726-26-02 back to factory. I have not had the pulsating interior lights after reverting 726-50-01.

I believe the change to 726-50-01 is not compatible with the 2018. I am not sure of the configuration of lights on 2018 DRLs. Weather has been so crappy that the headlights are on while driving during daylight.

I saw exactly the same thing on my 2018 when i updated the DRLs back in Dec. Cant remember what i ended up changing them to, but I do recall that the default was not one of the options listed in the spreadsheet. So it looks like the spreadsheet needs updating to correctly show 2018 possibilities. I will check my as built and updated settings over the weekend and post the details.

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used FORScan to set my DRL's to Parking & Turn Signals yesterday. All seemed fine until I used remote start last night and none of the parking lights / markers came on like they always have. Once you press the start button after you're in the truck they all come on as they should. Anyone else experience this? Trying to determine if this is a by-product of the tweak or if I fat-fingered something. I was smart enough to save the BCM settings prior to making the change so going back would be easy.

Lwlandy

Reaction score
Used FORScan to set my DRL's to Parking & Turn Signals yesterday. All seemed fine until I used remote start last night and none of the parking lights / markers came on like they always have. Once you press the start button after you're in the truck they all come on as they should. Anyone else experience this? Trying to determine if this is a by-product of the tweak or if I fat-fingered something. I was smart enough to save the BCM settings prior to making the change so going back would be easy.

My parking lights etc. still come on when I remote start after I updated my DRLs. I only know as I used the remote start for the first time last night (Usually parked in a garage) I was pretty surprised how far away I was and it still worked. Could not even see the truck when I pressed the remote but when we got close could see the truck all lit up.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

2018 802A Default As build DRL settings:

726-26-02: 0000 0000
726-45-01: 0A00 1101
726-50-01: 108E

I think the above settings produce DRLs with parking lights and Low beams, need to check..

Quick Question for LIVINITUP or anyone else who knows Forscan well, is it possible to open/view saved configuration files without actually being connected to the vehicle?

I know I can look at the files using notepad or similar but it would be nice to be able open the files without being connected to check things quickly in forscan if possible to be able to read more easily.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick Question for LIVINITUP or anyone else who knows Forscan well, is it possible to open/view saved configuration files without actually being connected to the vehicle?

I know I can look at the files using notepad or similar but it would be nice to be able open the files without being connected to check things quickly in forscan if possible to be able to read more easily.

I use this program to open & look at my saved .abt files: http://compulsivecode.com/Project_AsBuiltCompare.aspx

Last edited:

heffneil

Reaction score

I have a 2018 Screw.

Start/Stop Disable
Lincoln Mirrors
Temps on Gauges
TPMS "Specified"
Double Honk

I'm just getting to this for the first time. I will figure out how to do it but do you have a list of the codes you implemented in your 2018?
Thanks!