Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I laughed out loud at that. Yes, I got what I installed working, but that tablet most certainly bedevils me. The last mod i put on - I don’t remember which it was, but I inadvertently hit the value above where i meant to enter. Fortunately, I made one character change, and I was able to easily undo and correct it. Really not the tablet’s fault, but we’ll just say it was a contributor.

Oh, and then I installed the seat icons on the screen, but forgot the steering wheel icon (DOH!) easy fix. good practice.

I may do the temp above gauges and TPMS at some point, but not really motivated to do it. I put on the ones I was really interested in.

I did bunch of changes about mid-2017. Going to make some changes now as I have learned more. You might want to add temp numbers over guages. Real helpful in this cold weather for trans temp. Never any issues with my Raptorbso far, but it sure likes shifting better once temp is above about 70 degrees and needle does no move much at low temps.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some changes to a buddy's truck for him. He wanted to make a change to the Stereo Extended Play, to 60 minutes. No matter what value we put in there his stereo turns off after 10 minutes. Whenever we recheck the value we changed, it keeps what we are putting in there. Is there something else that needs to be done to enable it? Or do you need to turn the truck on in accessory mode and it automatically turns all power off after the allotted time?

Cause that's not how the extended play works. After the 10 min timeout (or when you first get in the truck) just press the volume button without turning on the truck at all (even accessory position) and the stereo will come on and stay on for 60 mins.

Last edited:

mikeyj67

Reaction score
Cause that's not how the extended play works. After the 10 min timeout (or when you first get in the truck) just press the volume button without turning on the truck at all (even accessory position) and the stereo will come on and stay on for 60 mins.

Awesome...knew we were doing something wrong. Thanks again for ALL you do.

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one of the best threads on this forum, much appreciate the help. I've got my truck dialed in with the changes I've made.

I was wondering if there was any way to disable the "safety" features like not being able to display a text on your main screen or scroll through music (last one might only be an android / spotify restriction).

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one of the best threads on this forum, much appreciate the help. I've got my truck dialed in with the changes I've made.

I was wondering if there was any way to disable the "safety" features like not being able to display a text on your main screen or scroll through music (last one might only be an android / spotify restriction).
This change in APIM:
7D0-02-01 5753 xxxx xxxx - Allows NAV in motion on Sync 3 v2.2-3.x, viewing/replying text messages & Sirius Travel Link still works. ** 911 assist will be disabled with this enabled **

Speed limit signs in NAV will look European after doing this but the speed listed will still be in mph.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone please please tell me if there is a set of documents for the tweaks listed for a Gen 1 2013?

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This change in APIM:
7D0-02-01 5753 xxxx xxxx - Allows NAV in motion on Sync 3 v2.2-3.x, viewing/replying text messages & Sirius Travel Link still works. ** 911 assist will be disabled with this enabled **

Speed limit signs in NAV will look European after doing this but the speed listed will still be in mph.

Very nice. Thank you Liv.

Is there something in Forscan to disable the memory seat recall while in motion safety feature?

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Thank you Liv.

Is there something in Forscan to disable the memory seat recall while in motion safety feature?

No, nothing has been found for that or the other speed-restricted features.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Can someone please please tell me if there is a set of documents for the tweaks listed for a Gen 1 2013?

Most of the things for the '16 Super Duty here should work for a '13 Raptor: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...G7xdFLGKxIr1-K_RwrIx4qIAtI/edit#gid=882975515

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score