Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to verify.....Your not seeing the wake screen on your Ford sync screen right? Your just following voice commands?

Assume you meant Waze screen not wake screen. Yes, Morn said not on truck's display but on "mounted phone's screen for map and audio". Apple does not allow Waze map screen as an app in CarPlay. You can run Waze in the background for audio alerts only.

jsrick80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, that's what I do as well. With an Iphone, we can only use Apple maps with car play correct?

Does that mean android uses get to use Google maps?

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Android Auto added Waze (for Android Auto) this past summer. Pretty much same as normal Waze but I think no pop up ads.

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HELP!!! SO, I got the OBD link MX today and have forscan and the license already on my computer. I then downloaded the OBD software and put in the license code to activate the OBD device. So, after MANY attempts to get the OBD paired with my bluetooth latop, I have been unsuccessful. On the rare instances that the OBD was paired and I could see my vehicles diagnostics in the OBD webpage, I then could not connect via Forscan to make changes. I have no idea why my OBD is not connecting and staying connected, and no idea why forscan is not reading the bluetooth device when the OBD was recognizing it (when it did work a few times). Any advice? Anyone willing to help me via phone? If so, please PM me and I will give you my number to call. I am stumped.

Edit: I got it to work finally! So, I purchased a new cheap windows laptop just to use for the Forscan and future changes. Therefore, I restarted it and it complete "windows updates". After, the forscan recognized the bluetooth adaptor and I just finished making all the changes. Woohoo, a BIG thanks to Mike for helping me. Anyone near NY that needs help, please let me know. I only spent all day today finally figuring this thing out :biggrin:

Last edited:

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HELP!!! SO, I got the OBD link MX today and have forscan and the license already on my computer. I then downloaded the OBD software and put in the license code to activate the OBD device. So, after MANY attempts to get the OBD paired with my bluetooth latop, I have been unsuccessful. On the rare instances that the OBD was paired and I could see my vehicles diagnostics in the OBD webpage, I then could not connect via Forscan to make changes. I have no idea why my OBD is not connecting and staying connected, and no idea why forscan is not reading the bluetooth device when the OBD was recognizing it (when it did work a few times). Any advice? Anyone willing to help me via phone? If so, please PM me and I will give you my number to call. I am stumped.

Delete and uninstall the "OBD Software". You don't need it and it is probably the cause of your problems.

The license code is only needed to activate FORScan.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

STOP after Step 6 here:

OBDLink MX Bluetooth Setup | OBDLink® | OBD Solutions

Alright...I see you're referring to the "other" license code from OBD Solutions...yeah, still, you don't need that. Just get the Windows laptop to load the drivers and see the device. Then in Forscan choose the top icon on the left...then at the bottom click on the Connect icon (it is the one on the left of the two).

Last edited:

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI: I finally got the Raptor 8" cluster installed in my truck and tested it out for any additional menu items that could be added but didn't find any.

tylrpal

Reaction score
MyKey

So I was messing around with forscan trying to figure out how I want my DRLs setup (another problem in itself) and somehow I managed to set up a “MyKey” by mistake and now my truck is limited to 80mph amoungst a few other things. I’m away for the holidays (11 hrs) and the spare key fob (the admin) is back at home. So is there any forscan module codes that can clear the MyKey so I’m not limited to 80 mph the entire trip home? Thanks.

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*edit* no more question, figured out how to connect with windows 10

Last edited:

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was messing around with forscan trying to figure out how I want my DRLs setup (another problem in itself) and somehow I managed to set up a “MyKey” by mistake and now my truck is limited to 80mph amoungst a few other things. I’m away for the holidays (11 hrs) and the spare key fob (the admin) is back at home. So is there any forscan module codes that can clear the MyKey so I’m not limited to 80 mph the entire trip home? Thanks.

So are you saying you don't have your As Built files backed up to revert to?

You can plug your VIN in here and see what your As Built data was (use a text editor to read the file): https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

If you've only made changes to the BCM while trying to get your DRLs set up you should be able to change things back without too much effort.

Sorry I don't have any better info or shortcut...maybe someone else will.