Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyj67

Reaction score
I didn't see anything in there about the marker lights unless I just need to play around with the settings.

Do the setting for DRL - Parking Lights only. They will only turn on when the vehicle is put in gear.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW: Everyone, when naming your module backup files make sure you don't name them something like BCM.ab.abt like a member on the F150forums did; he named all his backups with this style and FORScan will give an error when you try to open a module backup file named like that.

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello! Is there a way to display the outside Temp via forscan? I know it displays on the main screen, however I run maps/spotify via Carplay when driving. I hate having to switch back to sync just to see the outside temp.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW: Everyone, when naming your module backup files make sure you don't name them something like BCM.ab.abt like a member on the F150forums did; he named all his backups with this style and FORScan will give an error when you try to open a module backup file named like that.

Ahh, I did something similar. something like BCM.Original.abt. I too received the error and haven't had time to look into it yet. If all I have to do is rename the file to only have one dot... that would be great!

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh, I did something similar. something like BCM.Original.abt. I too received the error and haven't had time to look into it yet. If all I have to do is rename the file to only have one dot... that would be great!

Yeah, I had him rename them like BCM-ab.abt and they loaded fine so it should work for you too.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I do this solely with the iPad app, or do I need to use a laptop to make changes? I have the bluetooth OBDII device (no truck yet, but just planning). The app is $4.99 on the app store, but worth it if I don't need a pc.

Iceman5000

Reaction score
Can I do this solely with the iPad app, or do I need to use a laptop to make changes? I have the bluetooth OBDII device (no truck yet, but just planning). The app is $4.99 on the app store, but worth it if I don't need a pc.

You must use a laptop.