Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great! Installed Windows (free) on my macbook pro with boot camp and got it setup with Forscan + extended license. Now just waiting for Module to arrive from Amazon! [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which cable, bluetooth or usb to OBD2 like this one?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
Was gonna try and get this to work with Parallels on my macbook with the usb -> OBD2 cable.
I just can't see spending $80 on a cable I might use twice, lol.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If using in parallels, will thenbluetooth adapter work or needs a USB to obd cable?

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info. Thanks

I wonder if the reason the e-locker won't work in 2wd is a reliability issue. Maybe with the power level of the new motor Ford discovered e-locker in 2wd wouldn't hold up?

Looking at the manual on my Gen 1, for the 9.75 rear with ELD it notes the same engage (0 to 19) and disengage (>25mph) parameters in 4WD Hi. The manual (which has a common 9.75 Rear section for Raptor and non-Raptor F-150's, discusses its availability in 4H and 4Lo...nothing about 2WD.
Now I know my '11 locks in 2WD, I use it a good bit, and I know that my '17 will not.
Guessing: SVT intentionally added the ELD feature in 2WD for Raptors, and Ford Performance skipped or missed it for Gen2 (again, just a guess).

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the manual on my Gen 1, for the 9.75 rear with ELD it notes the same engage (0 to 19) and disengage (>25mph) parameters in 4WD Hi. The manual (which has a common 9.75 Rear section for Raptor and non-Raptor F-150's, discusses its availability in 4H and 4Lo...nothing about 2WD.
Now I know my '11 locks in 2WD, I use it a good bit, and I know that my '17 will not.
Guessing: SVT intentionally added the ELD feature in 2WD for Raptors, and Ford Performance skipped or missed it for Gen2 (again, just a guess).

I think this was intentional on the gen 2 because Ford got tired.of replacing rear ends in the gen 1 under warranty for guys who were driving on high traction surfaces with the ELD locked.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, looking at this spread sheet, why do some have multiple codes? I see some a specific to certain models but there are others with no description or notes. Do you just pick one or do you have to use all of them?

Also, I do not see heated steering wheel on home screen, I only see the option to do the heated and cooled seats.

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, looking at this spread sheet, why do some have multiple codes? I see some a specific to certain models but there are others with no description or notes. Do you just pick one or do you have to use all of them?

Also, I do not see heated steering wheel on home screen, I only see the option to do the heated and cooled seats.

Some of them require multiple lines of code to be changed in order to work. Also, don't just go by the "Common" tab. go into each respective module tab at the bottom to get the full selection of parameter options. The Common tab is just a quick reference.

To see the heated steering wheel as well as heated/cooled seats, you need to go to the APIM tab and scroll down to the 7D0-01-01 line. You will see "6" is the correct option (not "1" as seen on the common tab).

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is pretty cool that we can do this with our trucks!

I was able to make all of the changes I wanted, except can't seem to get the HSW to show up on the home screen. I go into APIM and adjust that second value in the third set of numbers...7 appears to be the recommendation, but when i do that, only the heated/cooled seats show up on the home screen, and it the hsw disappears from the climate screen too. The only config I've gotten to work is putting 4 there, which is what it was as built, and it shows the HSw on the climate screen. I dont need heated seat icons muddying up the home screen, there are physical buttons for these at the bottom of the dash...but getting HSW on the home screen would be cool. Oh well. If that's the only one that doesn't work, I won't cry...HSW isn't gonna be used often in FL...but it still bugged me it didn't work. Let me know if there's something obvious I'm missing! Thx

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this should be a new thread... but anyone in NorCal that can help with this? I don't have the time or patience to do these Forscan changes right now, but I'd gladly pay someone to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needs to be 6 not 7

This is pretty cool that we can do this with our trucks!

I was able to make all of the changes I wanted, except can't seem to get the HSW to show up on the home screen. I go into APIM and adjust that second value in the third set of numbers...7 appears to be the recommendation, but when i do that, only the heated/cooled seats show up on the home screen, and it the hsw disappears from the climate screen too. The only config I've gotten to work is putting 4 there, which is what it was as built, and it shows the HSw on the climate screen. I dont need heated seat icons muddying up the home screen, there are physical buttons for these at the bottom of the dash...but getting HSW on the home screen would be cool. Oh well. If that's the only one that doesn't work, I won't cry...HSW isn't gonna be used often in FL...but it still bugged me it didn't work. Let me know if there's something obvious I'm missing! Thx