Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all

I read most of this thread but have a couple of questions.

Can this be used on a mac or must it be done with a windows machine to change the things i want to? It appears the apps out there are just readers and cannot write?

Also, what is the best equipment to buy with it for the connection?

Please re-read it. All of the answers you are looking for are within the first page or two.

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a few more changes from the database and forum info. Ive been able to get several features to work such as DRL to cluster control, double honk disable, autofold mirros lincoln style, HSW and heated/cooling seat icons in climate menu, engine and transmission temps above cluster and TPMS specified value displayed. My vehicle is a 2018 Raptor and it has Sync3 V2.3. Here some questions additional questions i have. Thanks everyone for all the help and excellent information here.

1. I tried using the nav in motion values and afterwards my screen would go black when i try to press the phone or nav icons. After pressing the power button on the volume control knob on and off, my screen comes back on. It seems like I can use the audio tab but once i hit phone or nav, it goes black again. Any ideas or do i have to upgrade to Sync3 V3.0?

2. Can someone explain to me what the battery monitoring system is? When i have it set to enabled, it seems to prevent auto start/stop from working. Im getting a message in the menus saying that the battery is recharging or something along those lines. Perhaps it could be another way to disable auto start/stop.

3. I guess bambi mode is not necessary for raptors since we dont seem to have foglights?

Last edited:

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all

I read most of this thread but have a couple of questions.

Can this be used on a mac or must it be done with a windows machine to change the things i want to? It appears the apps out there are just readers and cannot write?

Also, what is the best equipment to buy with it for the connection?

Frequently Asked Question #2 in the tutorial answers you about the Mac.

rock342

Reaction score
That controls the exit lighting delay (how long they stay on after the vehicle is shut off). There is currently no way to change the sensitivity of the sensor for the auto on/off feature.

Agreed. Learned this today when i parked truck at work and wondered why my lights stayed on.
I'm sure there is a setting, but Ford has not exposed it. Search the same feature on YouTube and you will find various manufacturers have this as a "High, Normal, Low Sensitivity" type setting in the vehicle settings. Ford missed out i guess on building this into the user preferences.
I am wondering if i can change out the little cap covering the light sensor with something which would allow more light through.

Reaction score
A friend has used this on his '15 f150, with 802a (or equiv trim w/ digital cluster screens) he activated #'s above the sweeping gauges.. as you can see on the mi to empty above the sweep fuel gauge on our trucks

0-forscan_53a50f63869ae0825ccdf0431c6432e5789f3ae1.jpg

Will be pretty awesome if you can in fact deactivate those items mentioned above through it...

Can you put boost pressure above the turbo gauge?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Huge thread in the regular forum where people are using Forscan to make some changes to how the truck works

FORScan - software to enable/disable features in your truck - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Anyone here try it

Key changes
  • disable double honk
  • auto fold mirrors
  • global window open/close
  • bambi mode
  • relock enable
  • door chime disable
  • quickboot
  • fake engine noise disable
  • secure idle
  • 2x press panic mode
  • show seats/steering heating on home screen

Has anyone figured out how to reset battery monitoring system with Forscan?

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to disable that stupid ass "both hands on the steering wheel" pop up message. I drive the same highway almost everyday. It is straight for about 50 miles and that dam thing goes off like 20 times. I know it from steering wheel input and has nothing to do with my hands so wasn't for sure if it could be disabled or not.
Thanks

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you put boost pressure above the turbo gauge?

Has anyone figured out how to reset battery monitoring system with Forscan?

Can't have it show boost pressure above turbo gauge. You can reset BMS in FORScan under the wrench icon.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Is there any way to disable that stupid ass "both hands on the steering wheel" pop up message. I drive the same highway almost everyday. It is straight for about 50 miles and that dam thing goes off like 20 times. I know it from steering wheel input and has nothing to do with my hands so wasn't for sure if it could be disabled or not.
Thanks

I've tried and haven't been able to overcome that message.

Reaction score
Can't have it show boost pressure above turbo gauge. You can reset BMS in FORScan under the wrench icon.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

I've tried and haven't been able to overcome that message.

thank you! I have my Forscan interface on order :biggrin:

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i've been trying to get the lincoln mirrors to work on my 2018 but i'm having 0 luck. I've put a couple of links to my DDM and PDM configs below. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

https://imgur.com/a/eQakF DDM
https://imgur.com/a/grzet PDM

Looks good to me but I haven't used forscan yet since I'm still waiting for my truck to be delivered.

You did select "Write all" then say yes to the warning correct?

Clicking the B-ManFX4's mod (for tow mirrors) I noticed a different value. He included a "C" in 740-12-01 and 741-12-01. I'm assuming that is only if you have Tow Mirrors??

"From B-MANFX4's Tow Mirror mod thread"
DDM / PDM Modules:

740-03-01 x8xx xx
740-12-01 FCxx

741-03-01 x8xx xx
741-12-01 FCxx

Let us know if you get this working. This is the first thing I plan to do when I get home from the dealership.