Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping one of you guys can help b/c I posted this in the ForScan forum a few weeks ago, and while 80+ people viewed it, no one actually answered…so looking to confirm one way versus the other if any or none of these 3 requests can be done via ForScan…Thanks in Advance.

BTW I am using the MX Wireless OBDII Adapter that I got direct from them versus Amazon b/c it was like $50, and Amazon is up to like $80 now I believe. While it did NOT work (would not connect) with my 2-3 year old Lenovo Laptop, that does have Bluetooth, it connected immediately to my wife’s one year newer Lenovo Laptop no issues.

Here’s My Post from the ForScan Forum:

Thanks so much to all of you programmers...With a friend's help, I was able to successfully program/change many things that annoyed me about my 2017 F150 Raptor.

I just wanted to throw some other "requests" out there...as I did not see any of these items being possible as of now:

1. Right now there is NO Media Button on the Steering Wheel Controls. I've never seen this in any vehicle that has the controls there going back to 2000, but Ford did it. I would love to be able to recode say the "Steering Wheel Feel" button to be the Media button as that's pretty much a "set it and forget it" button/feature...but I am constantly needing to change the Media.

2. Playing off the above request...I would love to be able to "exclude" AM from the Media button's scroll through options as I have not used AM in about 10 years.

3. Lastly, Ford's Default view with NO way to change it, on the Back Up Camera display is the "side View'' (which I find useless), and the Rear View. I would love it if I could JUST have the Rear View Full Screen displayed the instant I put the truck in reverse.

If I could do that stuff the programming would pretty much be perfect. If there's a way on any/all please let me know, and thanks so much again for what you guys have already accomplished.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can this do 2016 F250's? If so does anyone know where I can find the spread sheet for applicable changes? Trying to change a customers TPMS value

NEVER MIND Found it!!

Last edited:

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you that downloaded and are using FORScan version 2.3.11 beta, you should stop and download 2.3.12 beta. Apparently 2.3.11 had numerous bugs that were fixed in 2.3.12. I also had them add the IVD Initialization Procedure to 2.3.12 in the service area for those that might want it.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping one of you guys can help b/c I posted this in the ForScan forum a few weeks ago, and while 80+ people viewed it, no one actually answered…so looking to confirm one way versus the other if any or none of these 3 requests can be done via ForScan…Thanks in Advance.

BTW I am using the MX Wireless OBDII Adapter that I got direct from them versus Amazon b/c it was like $50, and Amazon is up to like $80 now I believe. While it did NOT work (would not connect) with my 2-3 year old Lenovo Laptop, that does have Bluetooth, it connected immediately to my wife’s one year newer Lenovo Laptop no issues.

Here’s My Post from the ForScan Forum:

Thanks so much to all of you programmers...With a friend's help, I was able to successfully program/change many things that annoyed me about my 2017 F150 Raptor.

I just wanted to throw some other "requests" out there...as I did not see any of these items being possible as of now:

1. Right now there is NO Media Button on the Steering Wheel Controls. I've never seen this in any vehicle that has the controls there going back to 2000, but Ford did it. I would love to be able to recode say the "Steering Wheel Feel" button to be the Media button as that's pretty much a "set it and forget it" button/feature...but I am constantly needing to change the Media.

2. Playing off the above request...I would love to be able to "exclude" AM from the Media button's scroll through options as I have not used AM in about 10 years.

3. Lastly, Ford's Default view with NO way to change it, on the Back Up Camera display is the "side View'' (which I find useless), and the Rear View. I would love it if I could JUST have the Rear View Full Screen displayed the instant I put the truck in reverse.

If I could do that stuff the programming would pretty much be perfect. If there's a way on any/all please let me know, and thanks so much again for what you guys have already accomplished.

1. Can't re-assign buttons to include a media button
2. Can't remove AM or FM from sources; can only remove Sirius & CD
3. The following may not work if you have 360 cameras or PTBA (since they go through the IPMB module before going to APIM)

APIM 7D0-02-01 xxxx xxxx **** - RVC Split View & 360 Camera View & SDLC
F=RVC SV avail & 360 CV avail & SDLC present
E=RVC SV avail & 360 CV not avail & SDLC present,
D=RVC SV not avail & 360 CV avail & SDLC present,
C=RVC SV not avail & 360 CV not avail & SDLC present,
7=RVC SV avail & 360 CV avail & SDLC absent,
4=RVC SV not avail & 360 CV not avail & SDLC absent

CaptainInterwebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was attempting to make the lincoln mirror change but once i chnaged the fields in DDM and PDM it's still not working.

Dunno if the 2018s have an additional field that needs to be modified or what. Any help appreciated.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was attempting to make the lincoln mirror change but once i chnaged the fields in DDM and PDM it's still not working.

Dunno if the 2018s have an additional field that needs to be modified or what. Any help appreciated.

I did the Lincoln mirror fold on my 2018 about a week ago and it has been working great.

rock342

Reaction score
So, I find my auto headlights to be too sensitive - they are turning on and off during daylight depending if the sensor is in the direction of the sun or not. Anyone found an ambient light sensitivity setting that can be adjusted? Need to turn it down like 10%....
Thanks.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So, I find my auto headlights to be too sensitive - they are turning on and off during daylight depending if the sensor is in the direction of the sun or not. Anyone found an ambient light sensitivity setting that can be adjusted? Need to turn it down like 10%....
Thanks.

On the vehicle settings menu in the dash, you can modify the delay. I believe you can choose from 3 options up to a 120 second delay.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Can't re-assign buttons to include a media button
2. Can't remove AM or FM from sources; can only remove Sirius & CD
3. The following may not work if you have 360 cameras or PTBA (since they go through the IPMB module before going to APIM)

APIM 7D0-02-01 xxxx xxxx **** - RVC Split View & 360 Camera View & SDLC
F=RVC SV avail & 360 CV avail & SDLC present
E=RVC SV avail & 360 CV not avail & SDLC present,
D=RVC SV not avail & 360 CV avail & SDLC present,
C=RVC SV not avail & 360 CV not avail & SDLC present,
7=RVC SV avail & 360 CV avail & SDLC absent,
4=RVC SV not avail & 360 CV not avail & SDLC absent

Thank you very much. Sucks those first 2 can't be tweaked.

You lost me on the 3rd one though lol...I had a buddy help me so only been in and out of there once to get what I got done done...So please clarify, for APIM I'd go where exactly? And for the Value 7D0-02-01XXXX XXXX **** what exactly am I trying to change for a Value/Values?