Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been awhile since I made changes and wanted to do a couple of others....I'm getting the message "Sorry, you need an extended license to run this function"

Edit: I see an extended license is good for the first 2 months.....then you have to purchase it......
You don't have to purchase it. Just reapply for another license. You have to do this every 2 months. Still free.

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anything be done in Forscan to improve the DTE calculations for normal vs towing mode?
It has the toggle for the 2 modes but it's always way off when I swap from towing back to normal.
I know from trip meters my towing mpg is ~9.6mpg and my regular driving is around 15.6mpg. So I should see about a 62% change between the 2 modes but it's never anywhere near that.
Sometimes when I swap the DTE actually drops when going to normal mode, or it may increase only 15miles.
Just annoying...

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anything be done in Forscan to improve the DTE calculations for normal vs towing mode?
It has the toggle for the 2 modes but it's always way off when I swap from towing back to normal.
I know from trip meters my towing mpg is ~9.6mpg and my regular driving is around 15.6mpg. So I should see about a 62% change between the 2 modes but it's never anywhere near that.
Sometimes when I swap the DTE actually drops when going to normal mode, or it may increase only 15miles.
Just annoying...

There is an option in advanced setting that can toggle DTE to towing mode. Not sure if that resets every time you turn off the truck, but it's there.

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an option in advanced setting that can toggle DTE to towing mode. Not sure if that resets every time you turn off the truck, but it's there.

Yea thats kinda my complaint. It has the toggle, but swapping between the modes the change in DTE makes no sense...
Sometimes it shows a higher DTE in tow mode than normal.
Given it detects when a trailer is connected and when one isn't, you'd think it would give a fairly accurate number when swapping from tow mode to normal mode.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
This was posted by another member in the electronics section. I thought it should be added here as well.

Navigation while in motion

"Navigation
(allow while in motion)" Enabled APIM 7D0-02-01

x7xx xxxx xxzz Enabled=7 [or 5753]
x5xx xxxx xxzz Disabled=5 [or 5553]

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was posted by another member in the electronics section. I thought it should be added here as well.

Navigation while in motion

"Navigation
(allow while in motion)" Enabled APIM 7D0-02-01

x7xx xxxx xxzz Enabled=7 [or 5753]
x5xx xxxx xxzz Disabled=5 [or 5553]

This only worked on Sync 2 and doesn't work on Sync 3. If you do this change above, it changes your Vehicle's country code from US to WS and there's things like Sirius Travel Link that may not work.

Last edited: