Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hmgt3

Reaction score
Yes, rears also. Can't do just the front for the parking lights.
Thanks for the quick response and all you've done for us in this thread. [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The modules & addresses on previous generation trucks are very different and you shouldn't try any listed FORScan changes for the '15-'17s on it. Most of what the 2015-2017s can do, the prior years can't.

If you do want to try some things for his '11 then use values listed on this spreadsheet which should cover that generation:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vHJXZPBfqJs94JIf45c7X2zgg/edit#gid=1329872825

Thanks for the clarification, I was unaware of the year model blocks that have different spread sheets. You're a wealth of information!

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what to with a battery supply voltage too low error. Expected 11.6v and actual is 11.3v. I can drive the truck and turn it off and it will be the same. What do I need to do? Don't really wanna to have to buy a battery tender just to change these.

Edit: found this deep in this thread from Livinitup.

Yeah either use a battery charger or just start the engine. Having the engine running when programming isn't good practice and shouldn't be done if you're programming BCM but I've done it with just about every other module during summertime when it was 100+ degrees outside and I needed A/C running to survive lol.

Last edited:

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe if you go to settings on the touch screen and then vehicle you can set the back up camera for delay.

Went out to the truck and kept looking for this on the screen in front of the steering wheel until I actually read it closer and saw you said "touch screen".....worked fine once I paid attention. :ROFLJest:

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

OK I am sorry to report that this setting resets every time the vehicle is turned off.

I'm going to do just what Liv suggested - tape up the interior sensors.

You can check the box that says something like "ask on exit" and each time you turn the car off it comes up with a box so you can select all or perimeter. I prefer that vs. turning perimeter on permanently.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

If you remote start the vehicle, I believe the heated/cooled seats will go back to previous setting. I saw an option in advanced settings that said so. In fact, it also asked if you wanted them to go back to previous setting or to "Auto" as in, it determines where to set them based on ambient/exterior temps.

Tried this a few times and while the air comes on to previous settings, the seats will always go to off on remote start. If anyone finds a way around this, please post.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Went out to the truck and kept looking for this on the screen in front of the steering wheel until I actually read it closer and saw you said “touch screen".....worked fine once I paid attention. :ROFLJest:

so you need a raise! you’re so poor, you can’t pay attention!
:-D

If you remote start the vehicle, I believe the heated/cooled seats will go back to previous setting. I saw an option in advanced settings that said so. In fact, it also asked if you wanted them to go back to previous setting or to “Auto" as in, it determines where to set them based on ambient/exterior temps.

Ham: Tried this a few times and while the air comes on to previous settings, the seats will always go to off on remote start. If anyone finds a way around this, please post.

I think auto will engage the bun chillers if the temps warrant, but as soon as you hit start, bun chillers disengage by themselves, reverting to “peasant mode”. If I want to feel like a peasant, I would purchase a peasant car to drive.

that’s my observation anyway.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wanted to thank Livnitup for giving me some help understanding how to set up a tablet, work with the adapter and do some programming with Forscan. I can navigate through a computer some but just didn't understand much about how to do everything.

I bought the cheap windows tablet listed and the Nuvision OBD adapter.

The tablet has a few quirks that I either don't know how to use properly or it's just some PITA things that I have to deal with. When backing up the as built files when you go to type the file name no keyboard pops up. So you have to minimize the forscan window and then go to settings and open the keyboard. Then for each module you have to open and then minimize the keyboard for each file. You have to do the same thing when you program the modules for Forscan changes. Also the keyboard that comes up is very small and difficult to hit the controls. Expanding it doesn't really help either.

However for only having around $100 in the entire setup, it's well worth it.

So far I've only had time to make 2 changes but I'm on my way!!

I do have a couple questions:

- on the tire pressure display I can't seem to find where it tells me how to put the factory suggested pressure value in?

- I want to change my turn signal flashes to 5. It shows I need to change the value to A,B. Does that mean either A or B in there as the value will make it 5 flashes?

Grizlbits

Reaction score
Wanted to thank Livnitup for giving me some help understanding how to set up a tablet, work with the adapter and do some programming with Forscan. I can navigate through a computer some but just didn't understand much about how to do everything.

I bought the cheap windows tablet listed and the Nuvision OBD adapter.

The tablet has a few quirks that I either don't know how to use properly or it's just some PITA things that I have to deal with. When backing up the as built files when you go to type the file name no keyboard pops up. So you have to minimize the forscan window and then go to settings and open the keyboard. Then for each module you have to open and then minimize the keyboard for each file. You have to do the same thing when you program the modules for Forscan changes. Also the keyboard that comes up is very small and difficult to hit the controls. Expanding it doesn't really help either.

However for only having around $100 in the entire setup, it's well worth it.

So far I've only had time to make 2 changes but I'm on my way!!

I do have a couple questions:

- on the tire pressure display I can't seem to find where it tells me how to put the factory suggested pressure value in?

- I want to change my turn signal flashes to 5. It shows I need to change the value to A,B. Does that mean either A or B in there as the value will make it 5 flashes?

As far as the flashers, yes either will do. I changed mine to 4 flashes with a 9, but that was weird as the normal signal would not shut off after it clicked back to normal after a turn. I had to turn the signal on and off again. So I then tried an 8 with Forscan and all was good at four flashes. I recommend using the A with Forscan for 5 flashes.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03'Darin;1186667 I do have a couple questions: - on the tire pressure display I can't seem to find where it tells me how to put the factory suggested pressure value in? - I want to change my turn signal flashes to 5. It shows I need to change the value to A said:
If you're talking about having the Specified tire pressure displayed in the TPMS screen in the cluster menu, one of the below values is what you'd need:
IPC 720-04-01 xx*x xxxx xxxx
Trailer Brake Controller Gain & TPMS Specified Value
0=TBC Gain disabled & TPMS Specified Value disabled
4=TBC Gain enabled & TPMS Specified Value disabled
8=TBC Gain disabled & TPMS Specified Value enabled
C=TBC Gain enabled & TPMS Specified Value enabled