Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything for my issue I posted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you've already connected successfully with that adapter before but it isn't now for some reason, then I don't know why. You may want to send an email to the FORScan developers with a copy of the log file in case something in that stands out to them. I've seen guys get that message about it not being able to identify the vehicle but then work fine on another vehicle and I don't know why.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jayrod,

Is your Forscan subscription still valid?

You could try uninstalling and installing Forscan again.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you've already connected successfully with that adapter before but it isn't now for some reason, then I don't know why. You may want to send an email to the FORScan developers with a copy of the log file in case something in that stands out to them. I've seen guys get that message about it not being able to identify the vehicle but then work fine on another vehicle and I don't know why.

I emailed Forscan like you said, they sent me a new download for a test version 2.3.10, I am assuming this is a new download of Forscan but modified. Apparently the tune may have change something slightly. Either way I will give it a shot when I get home.

Yes the subscription is still valid.

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you program your truck? Mine did the same thing after I installed my for scan.

Question everyone:

When I try to connect Forscan now it shows an error unable to identify vehicle. Bluetooth and everything is good to go. I have already used it so my truck is present in Forscan. Any sugggestions ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you program your truck? Mine did the same thing after I installed my for scan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes put my 5 star tune on yesterday. Was going to make some changes in Forscan as well. Got that error. Apparently it is somewhat common. I'll download the file they sent me and try again this afternoon.

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes put my 5 star tune on yesterday. Was going to make some changes in Forscan as well. Got that error. Apparently it is somewhat common. I'll download the file they sent me and try again this afternoon.

Did the tune disable your forscan changes or only allow you not to make more?

Uninstall the tune, make more changes, then reinstall the tune. If the tune doesn't change your changes.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the tune disable your forscan changes or only allow you not to make more?

Uninstall the tune, make more changes, then reinstall the tune. If the tune doesn't change your changes.

The tune didn't change Forscan at all just (we think) prevented me from making future changes. Forscan has an update they say will fix the issue. I will try it this afternoon. If it doesn't fix it ill go back to stock, make changes, retune.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, Forscan update program worked good to go.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found the keyless entry to be disabled after Forscan changes?
I have not been able to get mine to work since making the changes.
I did;
Deactivate stop/start
Eliminate door chime
Eliminate seat belt chime
2 push panic button
Secure idle
Temp display on gauges
Heat/cool seats/wheel on display.
Eliminate 2 honk

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone elses idle up noticeably higher when you jump out of the truck with it running?

Im amusing its to do with Secure idle.