Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha on that. I pulled that file as well. Attached a screen shot of the PID's I am seeing.

Tone - Got the extended FORSCAN license and have been able to edit for other functions like the data labels over the engine and transmission.

I purchased the the following scan tool adapter:
ScanTool 426101 OBDLink MX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NZTZLQ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Says it supports all 5 OBD-II protocols plus MS-CAN where the DDM/PDM modules should be found.

Will start taking a look to see why I am not seeing MS protocols. Assuming that is the issue.

Make sure you have selected the right adapter type on the config page.

BajaRacer

Reaction score
Make sure you have selected the right adapter type on the config page.

Have Bluetooth selected. Started with Auto. Connecting OK, I presume, since it returns modules etc and I was able to write for other functions.

Appears that some of the MS protocols are coming through just not DDM and PDM.

OBDLink has latest firmware. Trying for support through them before going to FORscan for support.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have Bluetooth selected. Started with Auto. Connecting OK, I presume, since it returns modules etc and I was able to write for other functions.

Appears that some of the MS protocols are coming through just not DDM and PDM.

OBDLink has latest firmware. Trying for support through them before going to FORscan for support.

This is disappointing news as I have the same adapter....haven't tried yet though....

BajaRacer

Reaction score
This is disappointing news as I have the same adapter....haven't tried yet though....

Gotta be something on my end since it seems that others get it to work w/o any issues. Plus this was the "recommended" adapter.

Don't have another Windows machine to try out FORscan on unfortunately.

See there is a mod for some adapters to work with the MS-can but since I get some of the MS-can protocols can't see doing that.

I see the following MS-can modules:
SODR
SODL
FCIM
TRM
HSWM
SCME
DSM

I've tried flipping the connection type from Bluetooth to COM with auto-connect checked/unchecked. No difference.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta be something on my end since it seems that others get it to work w/o any issues. Plus this was the "recommended" adapter.

Don't have another Windows machine to try out FORscan on unfortunately.

See there is a mod for some adapters to work with the MS-can but since I get some of the MS-can protocols can't see doing that.

I see the following MS-can modules:
SODR
SODL
FCIM
TRM
HSWM
SCME
DSM

I've tried flipping the connection type from Bluetooth to COM with auto-connect checked/unchecked. No difference.

Well I have everything ready to do this except my truck!....Arrives tomorrow night...Will be doing this Sunday and will report back

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OBD connector arrived today, was a lot easier than I expected.

Changed the below

Lincoln Mirrors
Double Honk Disable (Which is a super annoying feature but noticed that with this the truck does not lock either. Anyone else see this?
Seatbelt Minder's Off
Door Ajar Minder Off
Temp & Trans Temp Display
Engine Noise (Did not drive, may re-enable if I do not like)
Secure Idle On
HSW & Heated & Cooled Seats On Home

So far I am happy with it, bummed about the double honk even though its annoying to hear I do like that when I leave the vehicle and it is on that it locks automatically.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made some changes this morning....
Lincoln mirrors
Double horn
Engine noise

Pretty easy. Only step I forgot which delayed me was the extended license. Otherwise it's relatively smooth procedure. Huge thanks to everyone for the step by step help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to hear what a ****** V6 sounds like make sure you disable the engine noise option...

That's going back on today, will try it off again when I get a different exhaust system but as is it is very painful to hear.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So has anyone been able to add JUST the heated steering wheel icon to the home screen? It seems everyone's adding the heated and cooled seats and HSW to their homescreen because they're following the crowd and because they can? Could anyone explain to me why they want heated and cooled seat buttons taking up real estate on the home screen when there are physical buttons in the same amount of reach for the seats?

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So has anyone been able to add JUST the heated steering wheel icon to the home screen? It seems everyone's adding the heated and cooled seats and HSW to their homescreen because they're following the crowd and because they can? Could anyone explain to me why they want heated and cooled seat buttons taking up real estate on the home screen when there are physical buttons in the same amount of reach for the seats?

Convenience for me, annoying to have to hit the manual heated seat button then search the menu for the HSW. Instead of having them both right on the home screen. Also the "real estate" it takes up is just your phone connection block is made a bit smaller which is a block of information that does not provide much function nor is it hindered by adding everything to the home.

But if you want to add just he HSW the code would be 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx x4xx in the APIM.