Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of the DTCs that start with "U" are serious and most trucks end up with them and they can happen from loss of communication between modules (or the response not coming as quickly as it was expected to come). None of the DTCs you listed point to a specific issue needing to be addressed so I wouldn't be concerned.

Thank you for that quick response. Are all the self tests in forscan safe to use? I would like to check out the engine and tranny module self tests.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
having issues findind all the modules

OK guys, im having issues with FORSCAN.
I can't seem to find the majority of the different modules with two different OBD II readers now.

I read the google drive tutorial, searched through a number of pages of this thread, watched the youtube videos on how to go through this process, figured it was my OBD reader now having HS, MS switch capabilities.

The first one that i've had for a few years to read and clear codes. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ZWM0R4/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

it was able to find like 4 modules, APIM DCDC PAM BdyCM. was successful at disabling the auto start/stop and double honk.

so i feel im at least getting the process down.

So thinking it was the OBD reader, I ordered the VINT TT55502 reader
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N18TOFB/?tag=fordraptorforum-20 listed on the tutorial that is listed to work. I tried it yesterday with same results. tried connecting with switch in both settings, one way FORSCAN fails at connecting to vehicle, other way it connects and finds same 4 modules only...

only think I can think is they sent the wrong model VINT, as there are no actual markings on the unit, and the switch is on the wrong side of the wire when referenced to the front ( LED / label side). looks more like its sister company product bbfly OBD BF32302, ( which is supposed to be ELM and Forscan capable as well.)

I already ordered a OHP ELM327 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/?tag=fordraptorforum-20 with Prime hoping that will be the fix.

Or am I missing something???

Still looking to do the Lincoln style folding mirrors and global windows mods and need to find those other modules to do so.

UPDATE...

ok so i figure it out an was able to get things to work.
so when the OHP brand reader arrived, same issues... could fine more than the 4 moduels. finally messed around with settings on FORSCAN, changed the settings for the OBD reader HS/MS from 'auto' to 'switched' ( i beilieve). Then reconnected and tried ignoring when it first starts to connect and load the profile that was created for my VIN#ed vehicle and let it make a new profile, and WHAAAALAH! searched in HS mode found the same four modules, but then prompted 'is this reader equippedd with a HS MS can switch?' - YES, then prompted to 'moved switch to MS can mode' click OK, then is continued scan and found the remaining bulk of modules for the truck.

after programming/ saving with the OHP, I wanted to see if the VINT would work now with the new 'VIN vehicle profile' sure enough it does.

just thought i'd share if anyone has the same issues i did.

Last edited:

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a special way to close the windows using global windows? If I press and release unlock then press and hold unlock again the windows go down no problem. If I try doing the same for windows up
but using the lock button nothing happens? I rechecked my settings in bcm,ddm and pdm and they appear correct.

Nevermind. Found the issue. When the spreadsheet printed out it left out 726-17-01. There should be 3 BCM entries 1 DDM and 1 PDM.

Last edited:

Olsen185

Reaction score
Is there a special way to close the windows using global windows? If I press and release unlock then press and hold unlock again the windows go down no problem. If I try doing the same for windows up
but using the lock button nothing happens? I rechecked my settings in bcm,ddm and pdm and they appear correct.

Same here

ChrisT

Reaction score
Just replying to the last post and not you specifically. I am new to the forum - just got an ‘18 raptor (all black screw w/carbon and 802a). After reading through this forum and many threads on mods I ordered a ODBII mx and FORScan extended license.

I figured out how to use the program, backed up every stock module, and then made a few changes. Temp above dash gauges, heat and vent seats on display, engine noise off, double honk off, and Drl to led only for now.

It seems that they worked but I can’t confirm the DRL’s are working - I put the truck in gear and set the parking brake thinking that I would see the led’s only (drl on is checked on my vehicle light setting) but nothing is lit up. It is dark out but if I turn the auto lamp off shouldn’t it still turn on the led lights when in a Gear?

Thanks in advance - this is a really cool trick if it works out.

EDIT: never mind - i did some more research and found that the light switch needs to be in "Auto" to work, which at night turn on all headlights. I will check again during the daylight.

Last edited:

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nevermind. Found the issue. When the spreadsheet printed out it left out 726-17-01. There should be 3 BCM entries 1 DDM and 1 PDM.

mine printed the same way and experiencing the same issue. back to programming we go, lol

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Two questions, has anyone figured out a way to load a custom wallpaper for the Sync 3 screen like i have seen people able to do with Gen 1 trucks?

and/ or is there a way to get the NEW BLUE Theme on Sync 3 without having to switch to the GT performance boot screen ( so youre able to keep the Raptor Boot screen) ?

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine printed the same way and experiencing the same issue. back to programming we go, lol

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Two questions, has anyone figured out a way to load a custom wallpaper for the Sync 3 screen like i have seen people able to do with Gen 1 trucks?

and/ or is there a way to get the NEW BLUE Theme on Sync 3 without having to switch to the GT performance boot screen ( so youre able to keep the Raptor Boot screen) ?

No way to do the wallpaper or new Blue Theme without GT boot screen unfortunately.