Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I am all in with ForScan. I have made one changed after backing up all the modules.
Added temp above Engine and Transmission and it is cool. Plan on doing the following:
Lincoln Style folding mirrors on lock, Love it. Tells me my truck is locked
Enabled secure Idle (cant believe that is not factory)
Set panic alarm to two presses

I may add an option to adjust (tilt) mirrors when in reverse. But looks a little messing and may wait for more feedback.

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I am all in with ForScan. I have made one changed after backing up all the modules.
Added temp above Engine and Transmission and it is cool. Plan on doing the following:
Lincoln Style folding mirrors on lock, Love it. Tells me my truck is locked
Enabled secure Idle (cant believe that is not factory)
Set panic alarm to two presses

I may add an option to adjust (tilt) mirrors when in reverse. But looks a little messing and may wait for more feedback.

I thought about adding that "tilt in reverse"mirror option but then I figured. I have the 360 view camera so that I can see the parking lines so the mirror tilt is not really needed.
Tone

Last edited:

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like this is a great program, but am I correct in saying that no one has figured out a way to disable the auto/start/stop feature using Forscan? Or is it because it only has access to certain control units/functions on the truck?

I know with BMW the dealer can reprogram the vehicle to off as the default mode.

Last edited:

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about adding that "tilt in reverse"mirror option but then I figured. I have the 360 view camera so that I can see the parkibg lines so the mirror tilt is not really needed.

Tone

The mirror tilt in reverse doesn't work on our trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mirror tilt in reverse doesn't work on our trucks.

That is incorrect. I enabled the tilt and it works great. You just have to follow the recommended programming procedure from the spreadsheet link. Also, you must have the button selected (light on) for the mirror you want to tilt when in reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is incorrect. I enabled the tilt and it works great. You just have to follow the recommended programming procedure from the spreadsheet link. Also, you must have the button selected (light on) for the mirror you want to tilt when in reverse.

Interesting. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to give it another try.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my license software loaded, OBD on the way. Truck comes Sat and Sunday I'll be hooking it up to make some changes. Looks pretty straight forward

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Lincoln Style folding mirrors on lock worked 5 or 6 times then it stopped folding not sure if it is something I am doing. Will recheck the program options later, any advice?