Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tks. No big deal. If you open door the rpms raise a bit, and settle out when you close. I reset the system with a battery disconnect, but that didn't help.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did an internet search. Seems this is a police thing. So if vehicle door is open it bumps the idle up for electrical load, and air conditioning. Not uncommon for secure idle.

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still hating life with this 15 minute auto-turn off stuff. I can't seem to find a way to get around it.
I've left the key in the center console and locked the truck with the door buttons.
same thing, and locked it with the ford app
turned truck off, started it with the ford app and tried to keep "Adding minutes" and every once in a while it still turns off

I leave my dog in the truck when I'm doing stuff, and it's really nerve wracking that he's gonna have a hot truck in the summer and I'll have a dead dog :/

Royden

Reaction score
Thanks!

Interested in hearing more about keeping the car on for the dog. I used to do this in my truck that had no technology. Sometimes you have to run in, and have the dog. Just lock em in with the AC on.

Many thanks to Livnitup for the help with FORScan. Tonight I did the lincoln mirrors, chime deletes, and double honk with no problems. Thanks!

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still hating life with this 15 minute auto-turn off stuff. I can't seem to find a way to get around it.
I've left the key in the center console and locked the truck with the door buttons.
same thing, and locked it with the ford app
turned truck off, started it with the ford app and tried to keep "Adding minutes" and every once in a while it still turns off

I leave my dog in the truck when I'm doing stuff, and it's really nerve wracking that he's gonna have a hot truck in the summer and I'll have a dead dog :/

really easy way around the 15min. one actually start the truck. if you have secure idle enabled no one can move it without the key. two go to settings/advanced setting/vehicle/auto shut down. uncheck auto shutdown. i have literally left my truck on for 7-8 hrs on off road trips. also it is the first thing i do if i'm getting out of the truck for a smoke break and my kids are in it still.

LacyinTX

Cute Little Smartass
Supporting Member
Reaction score
really easy way around the 15min. one actually start the truck. if you have secure idle enabled no one can move it without the key. two go to settings/advanced setting/vehicle/auto shut down. uncheck auto shutdown. i have literally left my truck on for 7-8 hrs on off road trips. also it is the first thing i do if i'm getting out of the truck for a smoke break and my kids are in it still.

Is this setting change permanent, or do you have to re-do it every time you shut the truck off? A permanent change would be top of my list of things to do. I travel with dogs a lot and I don't want to risk it shutting off when I am away from the vehicle. BUT... at least it is an option. Even if you have to do it every time. When I first heard about this "feature" people were freaking out about it like there was no way around it.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this setting change permanent, or do you have to re-do it every time you shut the truck off? A permanent change would be top of my list of things to do. I travel with dogs a lot and I don't want to risk it shutting off when I am away from the vehicle. BUT... at least it is an option. Even if you have to do it every time. When I first heard about this "feature" people were freaking out about it like there was no way around it.

have to do it every start cycle. is part of the "emissions" stuff. i am sure there is a way to disable it, but it seams only leo or first responders are privi to that info. i even talked to the tech that does the ford units at my local dealership. he said only the duty unit techs that work at the station know how to. they seam to have access to different metrics that even forscan can't access yet.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer told me that even the switch that disables it for that “run” will be removed in 19.

(Not verified that statement)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southof30A

Reaction score
Does Ford Service have the computer equipment to make many of these changes?

Disable auto start/stop
Double horn honk
Door ajar warning chime
Engine /transmission temp values above gauges
Disable fake engine noise

Thanks.