Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forscan not connecting

Similar to Brian above, I've not been able to get forscan to connect to my '17. I started a separate thread on this subject (in this topic) to try to resolve. Has Ford disabled Forscan functionality on our trucks (i.e. tell the truck computer to refuse the Forscan connection request)? Haven't had any replies in my thread yet. Any help appreciated. I may try un-installing and re-installing the drivers, but not going to have time for a couple of days, or until the weekend, so won't update until then.

mikeyj67

Reaction score
I sent Forscan my logs and they sent me a test build which works great with the tune in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Similar to Brian above, I've not been able to get forscan to connect to my '17. I started a separate thread on this subject (in this topic) to try to resolve. Has Ford disabled Forscan functionality on our trucks (i.e. tell the truck computer to refuse the Forscan connection request)? Haven't had any replies in my thread yet. Any help appreciated. I may try un-installing and re-installing the drivers, but not going to have time for a couple of days, or until the weekend, so won't update until then.

It's due to the tune.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I went back to
Use forscan on my whipple tuned truck ... well it doesn’t work . I tried what another member suggested and still doesn’t work . Before it would try connect to a previous profile amd whether I selected yes or no wouldn’t matter would not connect. So I cleared it out like another member suggested and got a new extended license it still doesn’t work. So I’m at a loss what to do here. Now it says cannot connect does not recognize the vehicle. Anyone have any ideas? Or anybody near Syracuse ny and can just turn my seatbelt warnings back on with forscan for me?!! Or can I have a dealer do this if I give them the correct module and codes ?

Look in your owner's manual under Seat Belts, there's a procedure outlined there under "Deactivating and Activating the Belt-Minder Feature". You can enable them with this procedure without having to use FORScan.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Tune on mine...bone stock electronics. Any other thoughts before I un-install and re-install my driver? Also, the cable DOES have the NS/MS CAN switch, so that's not the problem.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Tune on mine...bone stock electronics. Any other thoughts before I un-install and re-install my driver? Also, the cable DOES have the NS/MS CAN switch, so that's not the problem.

After you installed the driver, does the adapter show in Windows device manager when you plug it in? Have you tried in FORScan settings, connection tab trying "connection type" as both COM & FTDI? When you press connect in FORScan do you get "No ELM327 adapter found?" When you press connect in FORScan you have the switch in the HS-CAN position?