Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ukantwin

Reaction score
I didn't have issues when I did my '18, is that the thing that pops up when you click write all or whatever? if it is that error pops up with every change you make.

I just restarted everything and coded :

drl - parking lights & turns only
bcm 726-45-01 xxxx 7fxx xxxx
726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-50-01 08xx

Not sure if it's working ... are the lights suppose to turn on when you first turn the car on? All my lights are off

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-50-01 08xx

Not sure if it's working ... are the lights suppose to turn on when you first turn the car on? All my lights are off

do you have drl enabled on the dash? also you need to have the car in gear.

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score

726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-50-01 08xx

Originally Posted by bfr View Post
That's called Parking Lights Only I believe.

Parking Lights only (stock LEDs only)
BCM
726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-50-01 01xx

and I believe to get the change on line 50 you have to do this on 45 prior:

726-45-01 xxxx 7Fxx xxxx

As noted earlier in this thread, I had issues getting some of the DRL settings to work on my 2018...and concluded that what I wanted (Parking Lights (stock led position lights, grille and bars) and low beams) was actually the default configuration on my 2018. I never bothered going back to As Built to test, but no one ever confirmed or refuted it either. Perhaps you could confirm that for me since you have a 2018. What is your default DRL value (assuming you've turned it on in the Instrument Control Panel)??

I'm not sure how many 2018 owners have dug into FORScan settings to either confirm that the DRL settings work as the spreadsheet says or not...especially for the first 2 settings listed (stock LEDs only and stock LEDs plus Low beams).

RE: Auto Relock...you're talking about the case where you unlock the truck using the key fob but then you never open the door...so after 45 seconds it relocks the truck? I can confirm that the FORScan changes that are noted in the spreadsheet to NOT work on 2017s...also DO NOT work on my 2018. [the changes at 726-15-02] I don't know if anyone has found another way on 2017s and 2018s...but that change did nothing noticeable for me and certainly did not enable Auto Relock. So I returned the value to As Built.

Was just reading some of the other tabs in the spreadsheet. On IPC-new there are settings at 720-01-01 that are required for Auto Relock. Namely xxxx **** xxxx where * has to be a 4-7 or a C-F. I did not test if that made a difference (or if my As Built already had one of those values) when the changes at 726-15-02 were also implemented.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 2018 Screw.
I made the following changes:

Start/Stop Disable
DRL - Parking & Low Beams
Lincoln Mirrors
Temps on Gauges
Heated & Cooled Seats / Heated Steering Wheel Icons on Home
TPMS "Specified"
Double Honk

After making the changes I noticed my Interior lights would pulsate continuously while illuminated. About a 1 sec rate.

A couple of days later, I reverted 726-50-01 back to the factory setting and wrote it. The pulsating stopped immediately. Tested it with the door open for several minutes and it never pulsated again. Closed the door and let them go out for over an hour. Came back and retested with the door open and it never pulsated.

I then reverted 726-45-01 & 726-26-02 back to factory. I have not had the pulsating interior lights after reverting 726-50-01.

I believe the change to 726-50-01 is not compatible with the 2018. I am not sure of the configuration of lights on 2018 DRLs. Weather has been so crappy that the headlights are on while driving during daylight.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-50-01 08xx

try the first one i posted, parking lights only. i think on the led headlights this also illuminates the signal. i did not get any pulsating lights, but i will check to see next time i drive the truck.

lifeline

Reaction score
As built for my 18' SCAB with 802A:
726-26-02 0000 0000 0055
726-50-01 108E
726-45-01 0A00 1101 0190

Originally Posted by bfr View Post
That's called Parking Lights Only I believe.

Parking Lights only (stock LEDs only)
BCM
726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-50-01 01xx

and I believe to get the change on line 50 you have to do this on 45 prior:

726-45-01 xxxx 7Fxx xxxx

As noted earlier in this thread, I had issues getting some of the DRL settings to work on my 2018...and concluded that what I wanted (Parking Lights (stock led position lights, grille and bars) and low beams) was actually the default configuration on my 2018. I never bothered going back to As Built to test, but no one ever confirmed or refuted it either. Perhaps you could confirm that for me since you have a 2018. What is your default DRL value (assuming you've turned it on in the Instrument Control Panel)??

I'm not sure how many 2018 owners have dug into FORScan settings to either confirm that the DRL settings work as the spreadsheet says or not...especially for the first 2 settings listed (stock LEDs only and stock LEDs plus Low beams).

RE: Auto Relock...you're talking about the case where you unlock the truck using the key fob but then you never open the door...so after 45 seconds it relocks the truck? I can confirm that the FORScan changes that are noted in the spreadsheet to NOT work on 2017s...also DO NOT work on my 2018. [the changes at 726-15-02] I don't know if anyone has found another way on 2017s and 2018s...but that change did nothing noticeable for me and certainly did not enable Auto Relock. So I returned the value to As Built.

Was just reading some of the other tabs in the spreadsheet. On IPC-new there are settings at 720-01-01 that are required for Auto Relock. Namely xxxx **** xxxx where * has to be a 4-7 or a C-F. I did not test if that made a difference (or if my As Built already had one of those values) when the changes at 726-15-02 were also implemented.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 2018 Screw.
I made the following changes:

Start/Stop Disable
DRL - Parking & Low Beams
Lincoln Mirrors
Temps on Gauges
Heated & Cooled Seats / Heated Steering Wheel Icons on Home
TPMS "Specified"
Double Honk

After making the changes I noticed my Interior lights would pulsate continuously while illuminated. About a 1 sec rate.

A couple of days later, I reverted 726-50-01 back to the factory setting and wrote it. The pulsating stopped immediately. Tested it with the door open for several minutes and it never pulsated again. Closed the door and let them go out for over an hour. Came back and retested with the door open and it never pulsated.

I then reverted 726-45-01 & 726-26-02 back to factory. I have not had the pulsating interior lights after reverting 726-50-01.

I believe the change to 726-50-01 is not compatible with the 2018. I am not sure of the configuration of lights on 2018 DRLs. Weather has been so crappy that the headlights are on while driving during daylight.

HGguy

Reaction score
Low battery warning when backing up "as builts"

I ran into a hitch while attempting to backup the as built modules today. This was my first time attempting this procedure. So I clicked and high lighted the APIM module and clicked the run arrow. After acknowledging the warning banner the progress bar advanced to about 99% followed by another warning banner stating that the battery voltage was too low to continue. 11.6 volts was expected and 11 volts was received. I seriously doubt the battery voltage is low. I had just gotten home from a 1 hour commute from work so it should have plenty of charge. Also there are no DTCs being reported. So, do I have a problem with my code scanner or is my truck sending the incorrect information? Has anyone else experienced this event and if so what's the fix? Thanks in advance

Edit: Let me apologize now for not searching this thread before posting this question. I found Livnitup's explanation and suggestion to use battery charger or run the engine. I haven't tried it yet but I will later this week and report findings.

Last edited:

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the OEM factory settings for the seat belt warning

Ipc 720-01-01

What number do I need to go back to factory settings in there

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I went back to
Use forscan on my whipple tuned truck ... well it doesn’t work . I tried what another member suggested and still doesn’t work . Before it would try connect to a previous profile amd whether I selected yes or no wouldn’t matter would not connect. So I cleared it out like another member suggested and got a new extended license it still doesn’t work. So I’m at a loss what to do here. Now it says cannot connect does not recognize the vehicle. Anyone have any ideas? Or anybody near Syracuse ny and can just turn my seatbelt warnings back on with forscan for me?!! Or can I have a dealer do this if I give them the correct module and codes ?

Last edited: