Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Ford Warranty Denied Internal Taillight Cracks Claim

This is a discussion on Ford Warranty Denied Internal Taillight Cracks Claim within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
So, now that it's resolved, are you still never going to buy another Ford again? In the future please use ...

User Tag List

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2017, 09:36 AM   #21 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

So, now that it's resolved, are you still never going to buy another Ford again?

In the future please use your keyboard's Return key as I find reading huge blocks of texts tedious and it's hard to be sympathetic when I can't be bothered to read said blocks of text.

WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:07 AM   #22 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Fords's logic seems all wrong here!

With this thinking they could, for example, have camshaft failure warranty claims that they are settling, but then turn around and tell everybody that has changed their own oil that the failure and claim is denied because Ford can't determine that this particular failure isn't caused by contamination during an oil change..??!!
bailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:35 AM   #23 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

So the moral is if you bitch enough, you can get what you want...

Nobody gives a crap where your post was sent from...
EricM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Default Customer service
This is what typically happens... you have to complain where you don't get screwed over!

We had to take our Ford Explorer in today because I was doing some work on the vehicle yesterday, and noticed the oil pan plug head was stripped. Long story short, they said they couldn't get the bolt off, so we needed a whole new oil plan. They were certain that their technician did not put a bolt on the vehicle like that. Some how it was our fault, yet, they were the ones that changed the oil last! We stood there arguing with them for a while, and eventually they gave in and agreed to replace everything for free.

My experience with Ford has always been similar... if you don't argue, then they'll try and screw you over. It doesn't matter whether I'm at a dealership in Idaho, Texas, or Florida!

If I didn't enjoy driving the Raptor so much I would go to another brand. Porsche and Lexus take excellent care of you if there is anything wrong with your vehicle!

Last edited by SVTFordRaptor; 07-08-2017 at 02:15 PM.
SVTFordRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:35 PM   #25 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Originally Posted by WhatExit? View Post
So, now that it's resolved, are you still never going to buy another Ford again?

In the future please use your keyboard's Return key as I find reading huge blocks of texts tedious and it's hard to be sympathetic when I can't be bothered to read said blocks of text.
Really?
Jayrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:33 PM   #26 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Dealers always deny claims, just like insurance companies. Otherwise they lose money
tt_goat likes this.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #27 (permalink)

Question
Originally Posted by butts182 View Post
Dealers always deny claims, just like insurance companies. Otherwise they lose money
??? Dealers make money from Ford ???? Why would they turn away money, a situation like this is strictly Fords choice when they review the photos, otherwise the Dealer gets to decide if they want to use their own money to help out.
Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
mmp
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

D-dub, could you please post some pictures for us?
RDFTS likes this.
mmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:24 AM   #29 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 385 Post(s)

Originally Posted by D-Dub View Post
Ok - After a meeting with the sales managers, service manager, and owner of the dealership, Mr Matthews, of Matthews Ford, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, we agreed that I would pay $275
So why are you even paying $275? Doesn't seem like they took care of you if this should be covered under the 3yr/36k warranty.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Originally Posted by mmp View Post
D-dub, could you please post some pictures for us?
Yeah, I asked that too. Nothing...
Curious how serious this tail light issue is.

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR 14'/15'/16'/17' | Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:56 AM   #30 (permalink)

Hired Gun

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Mahoney View Post
??? Dealers make money from Ford ???? Why would they turn away money, a situation like this is strictly Fords choice when they review the photos, otherwise the Dealer gets to decide if they want to use their own money to help out.
What Ford pays the dealer for parts and labor on warranty work is far less than the dealer would charge a customer for a billed repair. The dealer does not lose money on warranty work however they do not make as much as a billable job. So if they can weasel out of warranty work they will likely take that route.