Ford Tri Fold Tonneau Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Tri-fold Tonneau Installed

Got this tri-fold flush fit tonneau cover installed yesterday along with Linex bedliner, Ford Bed Extender and Ford F150 bed mat...similar to the bed accessories I had on my Gen 1 2013...

12997-tonneau.jpg

Last edited:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got this tri-fold flush fit tonneau cover installed yesterday along with Linex bedliner, Ford Bed Extender and Ford F150 bed mat...similar to the bed accessories I had on my Gen 1 2013...

12997-tonneau.jpg

Is that Ford bed cover new or recycled from your old truck. My 2017 came with the Ford bed cover which is the Extang Solid Fold 2.

OP
OP
B

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New cover. Left the essentially idential old one on my trade...all new bed accessories too including the Ford tonneau, Ford F150 logo bed mat and Ford bed extender...this tonneau style is basically the Rev BakFlip flush mount tri-fold re-branded by Ford Accessories.

A nice thing about the new tonneau, it came with a set of pre-cut drain inserts for the front of the bed (saves drilling) and you can save the stock Linex'ed ones if you ever take it off.

13005-bed1.jpg

Linex did the bed lining yesterday, and they did a great job. Shout out to Truck Works the Linex affiliate here in KC (Lee's Summit). One minor deal on the Linex, they masked and sprayed over the hole in the tailgate for the pin that goes down
the center of the tailgate extender when it is laying back on the tailgate...fairly easy to clean out the hole this am. Like how Linex takes all the hardware off/masks it off nicely. Had the Ford factory liner on the Gen 1. Nice, but I think the Linex is better...especially the tailgate, but that in part is due to the revised tailgate step handle design now (inside vs on the inside of the tailgate) so you don't have that plastic piece inside the tailgate like the Gen1 had. Basically, you can Linex the inside of the tailgate now vs. having that plastic piece like on Gen1.

Item of note, with the Linex and the bed mat in place, the only way to pin "lock" the bed extender is by removing the rubber "feet" on the stowed bottom of the extender...same deal as Gen 1 in this regard. Also threw in my box cleats. Think I documented the key in about half a dozen different places. I know I am gonna lose that key...btw, it's S03 lol.

Last edited:

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! That is looking like a Bakflip MX4. Would you mined snapping a few more pics showing the inside handle and the covered folded up?

Also, how much did the cover cost?

Thanks.

OP
OP
B

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go...

13012-folded1.jpg

13011-handledrain.jpg

Note - added the zip ties to the drain tubes at the rear to hold them on better with the extender rotating around this area.

Tonneau lists for $1,199 as a dealer installed Ford Accessory.

Last edited:

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good looking rig!

Looks identical to my MX4, except yours says Ford and mine says BakFlip

CanuckRaptor

Reaction score
looks different than the mx4 I have on my current truck, the cover on the mx4 is matte black, also the tailgate seal is different, it's under the edge doesn't come out