ford sucks and needs to get their act together

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also came from a Lexus. My first experience was a local Ford Dealer who acted like they were doing me a BIG favor by working on my truck. (2 hr oil change with appointment)

Fortunately, I have 3 dealers within a close drive.

The 2nd dealer was night and day better. Very happy now with 2nd dealer.

Hopefully, you can choose a different Ford dealer.

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on a first name basis with the owners of the dealership and the service still sucks. While speaking with someone at the service counter to get some warranty work done, the owner comes greets me and asks me some personal questions about my life and how I like my truck and even tells the service employee that they've known me a long time and to take care of me. Fast forward a couple weeks and I call the service counter and the employee pretty much forgot all about my request and didn't submit the warranty claim.

KDCane

Reaction score
I have an S2000 and when it was new they treated you like you had a Civic not the most expensive Honda they made at the time. Unfortunately only the luxury brands dictate their dealerships have to do X Y and Z for clients. The Ford dealers that provide niceties are usually doing it because THEY want to.

FWIW I had a 4Runner before and Toyota was the same.

OP
OP
r3run33

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand it's frustrating when our vehicles break but you have to step back and recognize that you're driving a machine. ANYTHING can happen at any given time w/o notice. Just because your truck broke down doesn't mean he needs to push yours in front of the other customers' that are in line before yours. Be patience and give them the time they need to get it in the shop to identify the root cause.

Also, what makes you believe this "jolt" you're feeling is related to an oil leak? Are you seeing a fluid substance on the ground or just an assumption? How do you know the repair isn't that bad, if they haven't even got it in the shop to diagnose it?

my immediate reaction was an engine issue; doing 93 and then letting off gas I thought it was the engine issue but it was the transmission coming out of gear.

so truck is being worked on and they feel its the transmission pan from the recall. Other have said they experience a leak at the trans and differential connection. so should be good to go today they had to order the an yesterday

but back to the customer service thing; I just feel I should not have had to get testing with first service manager. Its just a shame. I like my Ford and understand things break; especially with our "niche" vehicle. but they need to get their act together

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thing most people seem to forget is dealers are in this to make money. They don't exist as a charity for our benefit. The internet slashed profit margins on new sales from 5% to 2%. And warranty work is the least profitable work for a service department because they don't make money on the parts and Ford pays them a greatly reduced labor rate. All these price pressures have forced dealers to cut corners where they can.

Plain and simple fact is people want the lowest possible price and that means compromised service. Service at luxury dealerships is ridiculously expensive even though parts are parts and wrenches are wrenches. The crazy high prices pay for that extra level of service and premium wages for the most talented mechanics. When buying a Ford, we get what we pay for even if we bought one of the most expensive Fords.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I think the only Ford vehicle that comes with the requisite level of service commensurate with its price is the Ford GT.

Even the GT350R ownership has left a lot to be desired.

It makes me wonder if FCA has had the right approach in separating the halo vehicles into pretty much a separate company within which the ownership experience can be more prescriptive.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It makes me wonder if FCA has had the right approach in separating the halo vehicles into pretty much a separate company within which the ownership experience can be more prescriptive.

That is what Ford did back in the early 90s with SVT.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes ford performance is not SVT. The special vehicle team was the best of the best in engineers and skilled auto makers. The ford performance moniker is a global brand message dedicated to their performance vehicles. Same principle just more production numbers and less specialized engineering

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SVT owners always got loaner vehicles if it was in for service too.