Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Ford Raptor Gen2 Wins Again!

This is a discussion on Ford Raptor Gen2 Wins Again! within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by Raptizzle Good plan but the only one "crying" and "being angry" is you. Keep going, we're listening ...

User Tag List

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2017, 02:09 AM   #31 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Raptizzle View Post
Good plan but the only one "crying" and "being angry" is you.

Keep going, we're listening

Ya know, I agree with this for the most part. However, this is starting to look like next level assholness. The likes FRF has yet to see lol. Look at some of these guys... drag race bullshit, exotic V6s, 5.4's are a joke, dudes are in a new "whoa baller" demographic etc.

At least we were assholes about cool shit back in the day. Shocks, fabricators, real offroad. For the most part, it was offroad enthusiasts and guys across the country getting into the culture. Now it's become a lot more of a status symbol type, look at me (what's a whoop?) go fast truck.

I think the biggest reason for what you're seeing is simply the high cost of ownership of the Gen2. Most of the trucks seem to be averaging $70K and with that comes a more garage queen, street ride focus and the shit that comes with it.

2017 Magnetic SuperCrew Cab 802a; Raptor Tech Pkg w/Adaptive Cruise; 17" Forged Aluminum (Beadlock) Wheels; 2nd Row Heated Seats; Moonroof; Tailgate Step; Exterior & Hood Graphics Pkgs (both removed); Carbon Fiber Pkg; Engine Block Heater. Added: new V1; BlendMount; XPEL Ultimate & Stealth Film; Tinted Front Windows; BedRug, Roll-N-Lock A-Series bed cover
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #32 (permalink)

5.4L O.G.

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by WhatExit? View Post
I think the biggest reason for what you're seeing is simply the high cost of ownership of the Gen2. Most of the trucks seem to be averaging $70K and with that comes a more garage queen, street ride focus and the shit that comes with it.
I think you're right, we all paid 40s and 50s for our Gen Juans back in the day, which seemed like a lot, but really isn't bad compared to 60-75k that people talk about paying on here for Jenny. Between that and the turbo motor it attracted a whole different crowd with a whole different world view and idea of how to use Raptors.
WhatExit? and Mcnawsty like this.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:18 AM   #33 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)

Eh most 13-14 guys paid 50-60k and then spent 10-20k on mods so having 70k+ into a Raptor is nothing new around here.. The gen2 brought the tuner fuck bois and wanna be douchebags that convinced themselves an F-150 is some sort of exotic. They are the ones that have taken things to the antifa/BLM level of stupid
Aaron and Mcnawsty like this.
Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:41 AM   #34 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
Eh most 13-14 guys paid 50-60k and then spent 10-20k on mods so having 70k+ into a Raptor is nothing new around here.. The gen2 brought the tuner fuck bois and wanna be douchebags that convinced themselves an F-150 is some sort of exotic. They are the ones that have taken things to the antifa/BLM level of stupid

Ah, you don't get it Gilligan.

Buying a truck for 50-60 and spending 10-20 on mods is done by off roaders.

Buying a truck for 70 and spending a few thou is done by people who buy $70K trucks who want to keep them looking like a $70K truck.

There's a huge difference and that's why you see how many Gen2'ers are different than the Gen1'ers.

Why you're hating on the Gen2'ers is pretty obvious - you're bored, you're not a Gen2 owner and you're probably angry too. But you're shitting the bed and then complaining about it. A vicious cycle you and other haterz create and perpetuate. And you're chasing off Gen2'ers.
bjinc likes this.

2017 Magnetic SuperCrew Cab 802a; Raptor Tech Pkg w/Adaptive Cruise; 17" Forged Aluminum (Beadlock) Wheels; 2nd Row Heated Seats; Moonroof; Tailgate Step; Exterior & Hood Graphics Pkgs (both removed); Carbon Fiber Pkg; Engine Block Heater. Added: new V1; BlendMount; XPEL Ultimate & Stealth Film; Tinted Front Windows; BedRug, Roll-N-Lock A-Series bed cover
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:52 AM   #35 (permalink)

5.4L O.G.

Originally Posted by WhatExit? View Post
Ah, you don't get it Gilligan.

Buying a truck for 50-60 and spending 10-20 on mods is done by off roaders.

Buying a truck for 70 and spending a few thou is done by people who buy $70K trucks who want to keep them looking like a $70K truck.

There's a huge difference and that's why you see how many Gen2'ers are different than the Gen1'ers.

Why you're hating on the Gen2'ers is pretty obvious - you're bored, you're not a Gen2 owner and you're probably angry too. But you're shitting the bed and then complaining about it. A vicious cycle you and other haterz create and perpetuate. And you're chasing off Gen2'ers.

Gen1 Mod path> Stock>mid perch/CAI/Exhaust/Tune>deavers/bump kit>3.0s/37s>Mid travel>Long Travel

Typical Gen2 mod path>Stock> 20+ inch wheels> LED bars> Turbo adapters/exhaust/CAI/ bumpers> rock lights

Old 10-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #36 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I think you're right, we all paid 40s and 50s for our Gen Juans back in the day, which seemed like a lot, but really isn't bad compared to 60-75k that people talk about paying on here for Jenny. Between that and the turbo motor it attracted a whole different crowd with a whole different world view and idea of how to use Raptors.
LOL. Every G1 I know hasnít seen a dirt road, let alone a trail. Donít pretend this starbucks queen thing only started with the G2.
jaz13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #37 (permalink)

5.4L O.G.

Originally Posted by jaz13 View Post
LOL. Every G1 I know hasnít seen a dirt road, let alone a trail. Donít pretend this starbucks queen thing only started with the G2.
Cool! Random generalizations are fun! How many G1's do you "know"? Must be a lot of them.

also lets look back at what exactly I said:
Between that and the turbo motor it attracted a whole different crowd with a whole different world view and idea of how to use Raptors.
Nope no mention of starbucks, or even of being pavement princesses, mall crawlers, lot lizards, garage whores or driveway sluts. You seem to be the one that is upset here. I beat the shit out of my truck and know plenty of people who run as hard as anyone on this forum. Both G1 and G2, so this must be really more about you being butthurt about the Starbeezy Drivethreezy jokes dawg.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:10 AM   #38 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Cool! Random generalizations are fun! How many G1's do you "know"? Must be a lot of them.

also lets look back at what exactly I said:

Nope no mention of starbucks, or even of being pavement princesses, mall crawlers, lot lizards, garage whores or driveway sluts. You seem to be the one that is upset here. I beat the shit out of my truck and know plenty of people who run as hard as anyone on this forum. Both G1 and G2, so this must be really more about you being butthurt about the Starbeezy Drivethreezy jokes dawg.
I see 5 G1s every time I leave the house in my suburban paradise. Hardly a unique truck limited to off-road enthusiasts.
jaz13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:14 AM   #39 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

You Gen 1 guys are poor, stupid losers. Your shit is junk. Slow, outdated junk. You can't afford the new hotness, so all you can do is bash it. Get a life you whiny bitches. Maybe you could pimp out your wife on the corner to raise money for a God machine. Only problem with that is you could never get a woman to start with. If you like the sound of the V8 so much, why don't you go fuck the tailpipe? Tiny crappy shocks, wet noodle frame, rust everywhere, 1986 GM interior, plastic fenders. I don't see how you Gen 1 guys can possibly get by slumming around in such a shitty truck. You should probably just kill yourself and make the world a better place.

You Gen 2 guys really need to work on your insults. I can do better than you and I like my Gen 1.
Aaron, Gilligan and dude1782 like this.

Nobody gives a crap where your post was sent from...
EricM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #40 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)

Sooooooo angry
Aaron likes this.
Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote