Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Ford Raptor Gen2 Wins Again!


This is a discussion on Ford Raptor Gen2 Wins Again! within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
WardsAuto Calls Ford Raptor Tops in User Experience Last year, WardsAuto created a user-experience award to recognize automakers that are ...


User Tag List

Like Tree54Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2017, 02:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
 
WhatExit?'s Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southern Taxifornia
Posts: 1,299
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Ford Raptor Gen2 Wins Again!
WardsAuto Calls Ford Raptor Tops in User Experience

Last year, WardsAuto created a user-experience award to recognize automakers that are doing the best job of providing automotive technology that's safe and intuitive for new-vehicle customers.

The annual award focuses on how drivers interact with vehicles equipped with technologies such as voice control, head-up displays, touchscreens, control switches and other driver-assistance systems. For 2017, the Wards 10 Best UX (UX stands for user experience) finalists, in alphabetical order, are:

2017 Audi S5 Sportback
2017 BMW 540i
2017 Buick Enclave Avenir
2017 Dodge Durango SRT
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
2017 Honda Odyssey
2017 Lincoln Continental
2017 Mazda CX-5
2017 Subaru Impreza
2017 Volkswagen Atlas
The winner, of course, is the only pickup truck of the group: the Ford F-150 Raptor, which we also liked in our 2017 Monster Factory Off-Road Challenge.

Judges called out the upgraded Sync 3 multimedia system and high-quality voice controls in the Raptor, along with the state-of-the-art six-mode Terrain Management System (providing fully automatic or manually operated modes), 360-degree camera views and the optional Pro Trailer Backup Assist system.

WardsAuto called the new Raptor the best combination of brains and brawn on the market; 2018 models will offer cruise control that can stop the pickup and adapt throttle and braking responses when pulling a trailer.



WardsAuto Calls Ford Raptor Tops in User Experience - PickupTrucks.com News






__________________
2017 Magnetic SuperCrew Cab 802a; Raptor Tech Pkg w/Adaptive Cruise; 17" Forged Aluminum (Beadlock) Wheels; 2nd Row Heated Seats; Moonroof; Tailgate Step; Exterior & Hood Graphics Pkgs (both removed); Carbon Fiber Pkg; Engine Block Heater. Added: new V1; BlendMount; XPEL Ultimate & Stealth Film; Tinted Front Windows; BedRug, Roll-N-Lock A-Series bed cover
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Mistacheese's Avatar
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Age: 36
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Hrm, another mention of the 2018's having autobraking with cruise control... Weird that it has been so hard to confirm officially.
Mistacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
WhatExit?'s Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southern Taxifornia
Posts: 1,299
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by Mistacheese View Post
Hrm, another mention of the 2018's having autobraking with cruise control... Weird that it has been so hard to confirm officially.
What's the issue here? Adaptive Cruise Control does brake the vehicle but, to my knowledge, will not stop the truck.

From the Owner's Manual:

Your vehicle maintains a consistent gap from the vehicle ahead until:
The vehicle in front of you accelerates to a speed above the set speed.
The vehicle in front of you moves out of the lane you are in.
Your vehicle speed falls below 20 km/h.
You set a new gap distance.

Here's a link with valuable info on ACC:
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...gEnabled=False


__________________
2017 Magnetic SuperCrew Cab 802a; Raptor Tech Pkg w/Adaptive Cruise; 17" Forged Aluminum (Beadlock) Wheels; 2nd Row Heated Seats; Moonroof; Tailgate Step; Exterior & Hood Graphics Pkgs (both removed); Carbon Fiber Pkg; Engine Block Heater. Added: new V1; BlendMount; XPEL Ultimate & Stealth Film; Tinted Front Windows; BedRug, Roll-N-Lock A-Series bed cover
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Mistacheese's Avatar
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Age: 36
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by WhatExit? View Post
What's the issue here? Adaptive Cruise Control does brake the vehicle but, to my knowledge, will not stop the truck.

From the Owner's Manual:

Your vehicle maintains a consistent gap from the vehicle ahead until:
The vehicle in front of you accelerates to a speed above the set speed.
The vehicle in front of you moves out of the lane you are in.
Your vehicle speed falls below 20 km/h.
You set a new gap distance.

Here's a link with valuable info on ACC:
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...gEnabled=False
Ahhh, therein lies the rub. From the order for my 2018; (Copied form the Adaptive cruise in traffic thread)
"I have one ordered, and assumed I was getting it due to this explination, but don't know as I haven't got to test drive. The following is copied and pasted from the build site.

Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection

Included

Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go technology† allows you to set a cruising speed and distance from the vehicle ahead. When activated, the stop-and-go feature automatically accelerates and brakes your truck while maintaining your pre-set distance. The stop-and-go technology can bring your vehicle to a complete stop in stopped traffic and resume as traffic begins to move*.

*If vehicle is stopped for more than three seconds, driver must intervene and press “RES” button or accelerator pedal to resume system operation.
†Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle."

Appreciate the help and link though! Love this community, just can't seem to figure out what the truck will come with. (Don't care either, just a cool bonus if it does have the Adaptive Stop-and-go)
Mistacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
bfr's Avatar
bfr
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mountain West
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
2018 has Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go. Described like this by Ford:

"Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go technology* allows you to set a cruising speed and distance from the vehicle ahead. When activated, the stop-and-go feature automatically accelerates and brakes your truck while maintaining your preset distance. The stop-and-go technology can bring your vehicle to a complete stop in stopped traffic and resume as traffic begins to move.**
*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and the need to control the vehicle.
**If vehicle is stopped for more than three seconds, driver must intervene and press “RES” button or accelerator pedal to resume system operation."
bfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Gilligan's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,492
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Default
Just to confirm, that article put up a gen2 up against a minivan and you’re bragging about it...?
Raptizzle and SZDZMTR like this.
Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
Aaron's Avatar
5.4L O.G.



 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tucson,AZ
Age: 34
Posts: 12,196
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
Just to confirm, that article put up a gen2 up against a minivan and you’re bragging about it...?
and a Durango....


__________________
#WHATAREJENNIFERS
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Gilligan's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,492
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
and a Durango....
Like I said, minivan
Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Mistacheese View Post
Ahhh, therein lies the rub. From the order for my 2018; (Copied form the Adaptive cruise in traffic thread)
"I have one ordered, and assumed I was getting it due to this explination, but don't know as I haven't got to test drive. The following is copied and pasted from the build site.

Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection

Included

Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go technology† allows you to set a cruising speed and distance from the vehicle ahead. When activated, the stop-and-go feature automatically accelerates and brakes your truck while maintaining your pre-set distance. The stop-and-go technology can bring your vehicle to a complete stop in stopped traffic and resume as traffic begins to move*.

*If vehicle is stopped for more than three seconds, driver must intervene and press “RES” button or accelerator pedal to resume system operation.
†Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle."

Appreciate the help and link though! Love this community, just can't seem to figure out what the truck will come with. (Don't care either, just a cool bonus if it does have the Adaptive Stop-and-go)
In the other thread, a new 2018 owner was filming what he thought was stop-and-go adaptive cruise, in the video he has to react quickly and slam on the brakes to avoid running into the stopped car ahead of him. The 2018 Raptor most definitely DOES NOT have the new adaptive cruise control available in other 2018 F-150s.
jaz13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Age: 38
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
and a Durango....
Don't hate. We can't all win the "A speed bump bent my frame" award
jabroni619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 M&R Ford Raptor Gen2 Dual 40" kit MandR Automotive Ford Raptor Lighting Forum [GEN 2] 60 08-19-2017 12:47 PM
GEN2 Ford Raptor Wraps JakobPorter Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2] 0 06-28-2017 09:09 AM
Ford Raptor wins Pickuptrucks.com Ultimate 4x4 Shootout KaiserM715 Ford Articles, News and Media Reviews 51 07-12-2013 12:29 PM
Ford F-150 Raptor wins Off Road Truck of Texas MrGreen33 Ford Articles, News and Media Reviews 0 10-24-2012 01:13 AM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum