Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Ford Raptor Assault Racing School

This is a discussion on Ford Raptor Assault Racing School within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Has anyone else been to the Ford Raptor Assult Racing School in Utah? Lots of people haven't heard of it ...

User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By RDFTS
  • 1 Post By WhatExit?
  • 1 Post By DallasDave

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2017, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Ford Raptor Assault Racing School
Has anyone else been to the Ford Raptor Assult Racing School in Utah?

Lots of people haven't heard of it but if you buy a new Raptor the 2 day event is free. A $1,499.00 value. They are booked up for the year but will start back up in spring. It cost me around $500 for air flight, car rental and hotel. Had a blast!!!

DallasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 395 Post(s)

Wow, thanks for the heads up! Do they go over the audio/video/electronics in great detail? Asking cause that is the section this is posted.

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR 14'/15'/16'/17' | Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16'/17' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Didn't know it was posted in that area. First time posting new subject. I think aminstrador makes that decision.

They will review mostly the Terain Modes and have you use them at different point on different coarses during the day. The lead guy has a Gen 2 Raptor so I'm sure he can help you with any questions you have on electronics.

They have like 20 trucks. After a short class they let you and one other person take a truck. You switch off at different points. They do limit you somewhat and you have to follow the leader at times but you can still get to see what all the electronic drive controls will do in the different Raptor modes. I was the only one in the group that got busted for going to fast on the desert portion but it was worth the short time i had to spend in time out!

It was a blast! You go up in the mountains and do runs in the desert terain.

FYI I would book today! They will fill up quick!!!
Hard to beat free!!!
Old 09-19-2017, 06:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 395 Post(s)

Originally Posted by DallasDave View Post
Didn't know it was posted in that area. First time posting new subject. I think aminstrador makes that decision.
Sorry, old news. There are several threads about this that you can add to instead. In the red tool bar there is a search, I suggest using Advanced as the normal search does suck. And sorry, the admin rarely decide. Us as user could keep things organized.

Experience the Raptor Assualt Off-road Driving School

Raptor Assault.

Raptor Assault...Notification Letter?

Raptor Assault - Detailed Course Overview

Raptor assault AUG 2-3

Ford Performance Letter

Raptor Assault is Here!

Raptor Assault

Free Driving School

Off roading school

Raptor Assault included for 2017 Owners

Welcome to FRF!

WhatExit? and dude1782 like this.

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR 14'/15'/16'/17' | Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16'/17' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
4x4
FRF Supporting Member

Do they tell you the proper mode to be in when trying to park at Starbucks if there is an approximately 2" an hour rain?

**just bitter, on the wait list.**
4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Originally Posted by DallasDave View Post
Well, this is the Raptor forum so there's no chance any threads about the Ford Raptor Assult Racing School in Utah have been posted. I think I'll start a new one in the A/V Electronics forum!

--- Fixed it for ya
RDFTS likes this.

2017 Magnetic SuperCrew Cab 802a; Raptor Tech Pkg w/Adaptive Cruise; 17" Forged Aluminum (Beadlock) Wheels; 2nd Row Heated Seats; Moonroof; Tailgate Step; Exterior & Hood Graphics Pkgs (both removed); Carbon Fiber Pkg; Engine Block Heater. Added: new V1; BlendMount; XPEL Ultimate & Stealth Film; Tinted Front Windows; BedRug, Roll-N-Lock A-Series bed cover
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by RDFTS View Post
Sorry, old news. There are several threads about this that you can add to instead. In the red tool bar there is a search, I suggest using Advanced as the normal search does suck. And sorry, the admin rarely decide. Us as user could keep things organized.

Experience the Raptor Assualt Off-road Driving School

Raptor Assault.

Raptor Assault...Notification Letter?

Raptor Assault - Detailed Course Overview

Raptor assault AUG 2-3

Ford Performance Letter

Raptor Assault is Here!

Raptor Assault

Free Driving School

Off roading school

Raptor Assault included for 2017 Owners

Welcome to FRF!

You know how new guys are always late to the party!

Still learning the Forum. Never felt the need to be on one until now. Have learned alot from here. Thanks for the heads up.
RDFTS likes this.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum.

The Assault is a great event. Definitely well rounded, but longer off road speed courses and the speed 'mode change' gravel course at the track if it was bigger could make it a lot more fun....but then there's liability of those that are trying to get yelled at!

Old 09-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
I agree. The trucks are on loan from Ford so they don't want to mess them up. They fabercated the roll cage to bolt down at factory bed bolts locations. Which was pretty cool. Said that anything there installed they have to be able to remove it so it would be back to factory.

I was happy to hear that after 6 months the trucks are holding up great. Some issues with a couple engine fans and a few flat tires but no issues with suspension, motor, trans or electronic Raptor control modes. I drive it harder than I'll ever drive mine.

Mis Ruby doesn't like it to rough!! Haha!