Ford new release of v8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCalHusker

Reaction score
Your kidding right?
Ford wouldn't walk away after 1 year and make such a change.
Furthermore, the 429 is bad ass but I highly doubt it can run as hard as you can push this V6 or a small block. 429 was considered a Big Block and one of the best Big Block designs Ford had in 1969.
I think this is shop talk rumor only. This Big Block would be a grenade in the Baja race.
Around town it would sound sexy having that rumble of a BB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lemme see, if you divide a V8 by the fourth month of the year, you get a 2-cylinder engine with 4 turbochargers...

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ferrari went from a V8 to a v6 twin and they aren't going back. They tend to lead the entire car industry as it relates to performance.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Sas just blew his load all of his keyboard. He might not come on today to tell us about his quiet exhaust or weep holes.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. That would be like if the gen1 originally came with a 5.4 and then they stuck a 6.2 in months later...... Ford doesn't pull that shit!

Ford announced the 6.2 liter would be the primary Engine moving forward before the Raptor was ever released. 5.4 liter V8 was used in early Raptors because the 6.2 liter was still not ready for production.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford announced the 6.2 liter would be the primary Engine moving forward before the Raptor was ever released. 5.4 liter V8 was used in early Raptors because the 6.2 liter was still not ready for production.

Verified to be historically accurate. Development and prove-out of the 6.2L took a little longer than expected.

Personal opinion: It was worth waiting for.