GEN 2 Ford Early Bird Lease End to buy Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TigerRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 SCREW that has been built that is supposedly coming in on August 14th. My lease on my current F150 runs out in November. I ordered early to avoid not having a truck and now go figure I have two trucks!

Anybody have any luck getting an Early Bird lease offer from Ford to buy a Raptor?

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk to your dealer. They should be able to help out a good customer.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finance company gave me 3 months no payments on my new Expedition. That may be an option. We kept our edge and the expedition at the same time. Ford lease program is very sketchy. Have you scheduled your end of lease inspection yet? They have an independent come to your house. They also made me turn my lease into the same dealership i leased it from.

OP
OP
TigerRaptor

TigerRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have not scheduled it yet. That is what I am trying to do now. I am getting the truck from another dealer and they said I could turn it into them as my original dealer wanted 15k over sticker and would not budge. I laughed and left. I have some aftermarket items to remove as well. Did the inspector give you a hard time?

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have not scheduled it yet. That is what I am trying to do now. I am getting the truck from another dealer and they said I could turn it into them as my original dealer wanted 15k over sticker and would not budge. I laughed and left. I have some aftermarket items to remove as well. Did the inspector give you a hard time?

Not at all. Edge was dinged up and rims scratched (22's). He noted everything was perfect. But it took him a few weeks to come.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're most likely stuck with double payments. Pull ahead/loyalty lease offers are offered but they don't apply to high demand vehicles. The one thing I can suggest is to place your vehicle on lease trading sites now to see if anyone needs a short term truck for three months. That's based on your truck being damage free and having remaining mileage allowance.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would turn it in to the original Dealer you leased from and keep the new Dealer out if it. Bills may come back to haunt you otherwise.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter which dealer you return the vehicle to at lease end if you financed through Ford. Ford Credit will send a third party inspector out to assess the condition of the vehicle including mileage, damage, and tire tread after being returned. The dealer only is responsible for accepting the vehicle and having you sign a mileage statement. The lessee needs to make sure any scratches/damages are within the parameters of the wear & tear agreement.