Ford dealership denied warranty claim on my 3 week old truck....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From guys having their rattling or blown Raptors sitting inside a stall (if lucky) for 3 months, it doesn’t surprise me. It’s not the same Ford it used to be. GM is the same. My vette was on a lift for 3 months for valves about ready to drop into the cylinders.

They take the money and will fight tooth and nail, to keep it. Just know that going in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryan_nj

Reaction score
Full stickers on the truck from ford was like 2K. Will it effect the value if you remove? who knows. Personally, if they were on when you got the truck, I'd leave them. I ordered mine sans decals.

I'd definitely like to hear more about your deal. Privately of course and if you didn't mind. Mind if I PM you regarding?

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

I has a similar issue with my Gen 2 when I got it. My issue was paint defects that drove me nuts. 2 months, ford reps etc... I got a free 5/75 warranty. I was happier to not repaint a good portion of the truck.

OP
OP
O

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full stickers on the truck from ford was like 2K. Will it effect the value if you remove? who knows. Personally, if they were on when you got the truck, I'd leave them. I ordered mine sans decals.

I'd definitely like to hear more about your deal. Privately of course and if you didn't mind. Mind if I PM you regarding?

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

I has a similar issue with my Gen 2 when I got it. My issue was paint defects that drove me nuts. 2 months, ford reps etc... I got a free 5/75 warranty. I was happier to not repaint a good portion of the truck.

No prob. I sent you a PM.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Now back to the thread and the adults here, I had a very positive conversation with 2 regional reps from Ford today. Bottom line, Ford is replacing or removing the stickers, under warranty. Whichever I want. There was no issues today, no problems at all. They were completely understanding, and highly recommendable. The Rep is also taking care of this claim personally, from start to finish, including the final approval on my part, of whatever I choose. Also had a great conversation about the dealership the claim was initiated at. Just got off the phone with the collision shop manager of the new dealership, he said he is also taking responsibility for this personally. What a great way for Ford to step up and take care of this."

Nice resolution, happy Ford stepped up and did the right thing for you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Now back to the thread and the adults here, I had a very positive conversation with 2 regional reps from Ford today. Bottom line, Ford is replacing or removing the stickers, under warranty. Whichever I want. There was no issues today, no problems at all. They were completely understanding, and highly recommendable. The Rep is also taking care of this claim personally, from start to finish, including the final approval on my part, of whatever I choose. Also had a great conversation about the dealership the claim was initiated at. Just got off the phone with the collision shop manager of the new dealership, he said he is also taking responsibility for this personally. What a great way for Ford to step up and take care of this."

Nice resolution, happy Ford stepped up and did the right thing for you!

Thanks. And to top it off, the rep has checked back twice on the status of the claim, and has personally been in contact with the GM of the dealer handling this now. And has offered and couple more “keep me as a Ford for life customer” incentivess. Since the wife has had a 2015 edge, now has a 2016 Escape, and is in the process of getting a new 2018 edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free