Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Ford dealership denied warranty claim on my 3 week old truck....

This is a discussion on Ford dealership denied warranty claim on my 3 week old truck.... within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Valid opinions from everyone. Everyone deals with their trucks differently. It’s not a lemon law claim, it’s not a buy ...

User Tag List

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2018, 06:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Valid opinions from everyone. Everyone deals with their trucks differently. It’s not a lemon law claim, it’s not a buy back suit. The only way I could talk to someone higher than the rep on the phone was to agree to her statement about letting the truck go. HER recommendation. I feel Ford needs to stand behind their product. Especially if a dealership lies on the warranty claim. Yeah it’s shitty stickers, but what if it was the carbon fiber package, costs less. Or the spray in bed liner, which also costs less from ford.

I’m not here to debate if the stickers belong on the truck or not. Or if someone likes them or not. Or if they should be ripped of or not. Or if their monetary value is worth the hassle. You do what you want to with YOUR truck.

I appreciate the support. I’ll keep the post updated once I hear from ford.

Onemoosehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

White with the beadlocks looks awesome IMO, especially w/o the stickers. Stickers are for Fisher Price ride ons and ricers.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:45 AM   #13 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Have your original dealer send you a replacement and find someone you trust to do the work
kandewinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by kandewinn View Post
Have your original dealer send you a replacement and find someone you trust to do the work
They mentioned that yeterday as an option.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:54 AM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by ThugHunter View Post
White with the beadlocks looks awesome IMO, especially w/o the stickers. Stickers are for Fisher Price ride ons and ricers.
They were cool on the first gen, in fact the first gen is what set the trend. But the new ones are terrible
rtmozingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #16 (permalink)

Yea obviously all a valid claim and reason to get upset especially the tech rubbing your paint with a dirty hand. But as one poster above said, life is too short. Give it a few days to calm down and take the stickers off and your truck will look great and soon you will forget about the money on the wasted stickers or the situation. Obviously avoid going back to that dealer and start fresh with the next closest one.
911Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #17 (permalink)

Are you the 5k off at Knaben Ford guy?
SENDIT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by 911Monte View Post
Yea obviously all a valid claim and reason to get upset especially the tech rubbing your paint with a dirty hand. But as one poster above said, life is too short. Give it a few days to calm down and take the stickers off and your truck will look great and soon you will forget about the money on the wasted stickers or the situation. Obviously avoid going back to that dealer and start fresh with the next closest one.

Thatís the game plan. Definitely wonít be going back to that dealer.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:13 AM   #19 (permalink)

I see your point. Personal opinion shouldn't factor into whether ford needs to make it right. They do. This is one of those learning moments when you remember, every time you buy another car, that a 60 second walk around right before you take delivery, can save you a lot of hassle.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Punishr View Post
I see your point. Personal opinion shouldn't factor into whether ford needs to make it right. They do. This is one of those learning moments when you remember, every time you buy another car, that a 60 second walk around right before you take delivery, can save you a lot of hassle.
Lesson learned. You are correct.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

So I guess I didn’t post this originally, but I even asked the dealer who filed the incorrect claim to remove the stickers. He said they could not remove them. He even told me he could not have his dealership touch up the rust underneath. Even though I was paying for that. That ford didn’t make anything, nor would they authorize anything to be used on the under carriage of this truck.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Originally Posted by SENDIT! View Post
Are you the 5k off at Knaben Ford guy?
And you are a dealer in Missouri?