Ford changed the spark plug part number?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just want to put this out………
Went to dealer for spark plugs, he looked them up using the vin and said it was a special order. Picked them up today and immediately noticed that they are Motorcraft sp550s. I told the parts rep that I believe the manual calls for sp534 plugs. He re-checked with vin and yr/make/model/raptor, also made a call. He said that’s the current part number from ford but If I want sp534s he has a bunch of those. Took the 550s. Maybe ford changed the plugs? I also checked fordparts.com and it’s sp550s. Not much info online about this plug part number. Thinking it’s a new number?

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I go to FordParts.com and search by my vin for spark plugs is shows the 550's.

Curios which plugs your truck has in it. This may have been a change before production started and the manuals would have already been printed. Or could be a running change.

Also curious how your plugs look with 18k on them. I'm about to hit 12k

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's not tuned, changing the spark plugs that soon is probably over kill.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the 550s are at 28. Depending on how much the old plug gaps widened, I will probably leave them at 28 and see what happens. I have over 18000 mi on it now so the old plugs should show me something.
wow you changing plugs at 18k ? any reason or just ?
the owners manual has the 534 but thats just for eco 3.5. not 3.5 ho. might be same but might not be. the owners manual is for just all f150s. so raptor specific is mostly not listed

Last edited:

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just want to put this out………
Went to dealer for spark plugs, he looked them up using the vin and said it was a special order. Picked them up today and immediately noticed that they are Motorcraft sp550s. I told the parts rep that I believe the manual calls for sp534 plugs. He re-checked with vin and yr/make/model/raptor, also made a call. He said that’s the current part number from ford but If I want sp534s he has a bunch of those. Took the 550s. Maybe ford changed the plugs? I also checked fordparts.com and it’s sp550s. Not much info online about this plug part number. Thinking it’s a new number?
so may have a few more answers. if you put a 2016 3.5eco in sp-534 comes up as plug part #. 2017 has the sp-550 plug part number. so looks like they did change. not sure on spec though since fordparts.com doesnt say what the spec's are

OP
OP
S

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow you changing plugs at 18k ? any reason or just ?
the owners manual has the 534 but thats just for eco 3.5. not 3.5 ho. might be same but might not be. the owners manual is for just all f150s. so raptor specific is mostly not listed[/QUOTE

The Raptor specific supplement manual says 534.

I'm changing them just out of curiosity. I took delivery 1/31 and have been driving pretty hard. I like to put it in WOT :). Read that the ecoboost plug gaps get wider in as little as 10000mi when driven hard. So I figured I would pull mine and see how they are holding up, might as well change them if i'm taking them off.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad after reading more in the raptor supplement it does say heavy use or off road use change plugs every 10-12.5k miles. So you right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk